2022 World Series of Poker - Commonwealth goes on a heater

I agree with you in general, I think the Little One is the exception. I think a lot of pros who have been here all summer blast pretty hard trying to build a big stack, and I think there’s a let down after they bust the Main and are “only” playing a $1K. It’s like a perfect storm of tilted/tired good players, recs who can afford a $10K, and weekend warrior poker dads who play 1/2 and 2/5 and $300 tourneys mostly and come out to fire a Main Event satellite or two and the Little One.

That’s interesting, I’ve generally thought the opposite - being identified as a pro would hurt those opportunities. It would definitely help with getting on streams and such, though. You think it helps in home games too though? Like casual recs wanna play with Main Event final table pro guy?

Did you consider the potential overlay at MGM Grand?

I play in a casual online homegame and if you mentioned you were a pro, the moment you called off 3 blind AIPF with a 40bb stack against a CO open shove with K6o in your hand from your BB, they’ll immediately assume you’re FOS and a massive fish.

luckily i’m also pretty bad and am like 1/8 so far so no fears of getting kicked out

1 Like

Yeah I thought about it last night, but I’d be coming in pretty late at this point - probably like 50bb, which is fine but definitely reduces my ROI a bit. Probably offsets like a 10% overlay. Looks like a 20% overlay is very possible, though.

For sure. Obviously if you nit it up and shit ud get booted but that would happen anyway. My home game was very happy when i brought an israeli guy who fted the main (he also donated a bunch which didnt hurt)

Yeah I’m not a nit, so that part wouldn’t be an issue. It’s kind of funny to me that people would want to play w/ Main Event final tablists, but I guess they’re quasi-famous for a couple years so it makes some sense.

When I was playing in Tx the guy who came in 4th in the WSOP was around, but if someone hadn’t told me who he was I’d never have known. He was just another young guy in a hoody playing decent poker at 2/5. Besides the very short novelty I feel like most tables would prefer not to have another good pro around unless he’s looking to splash around some of that cash, and/or have a big personality like the dirty diaper guy.

Why of all people does Matt Glantz get to win the $1,000,000 bounty

3 Likes

@Yuv hitting up Best Friend for dinner. Recs?

Just get the tasting menu i guess?

Everything i ordered was very good

I wrote the same thing. One of my least favorite “but libs” tweeters

1 Like

Tasting menu it is. Had 2 bar seats open for us. It’s fate.

1 Like

He ripped 24bb with A9o?

1 Like

How was it? Hope i didnt oversell cause im a korean food noob

I kinda think the transition from chess to poker is much more natural now days when chess masters can use their memory and study habits to memorize solver trees and preflop charts.

https://twitter.com/Kevmath/status/1544779674290573312?s=20&t=7AhI2tTQXvUpa_CM-i_GbA

3580 for days 1A-C. The record 8773.

Will 2022 set the record for main event entries?
  • Yes
  • No
0 voters

https://twitter.com/Kristen_Poker/status/1544755498607468544?s=20&t=BCJvBiikZbu_n8EPZ_mCGQ

From one of my horses playing today. Wtf does villain have!?

i love calling on the river and not showing

3 Likes