2022 World Series of Poker - Commonwealth goes on a heater

To be fair, that “study” seems kind of LOL. They based it on 17 flights, just took some averages, and did not prove that the results were statistically significant.

After reading that, I’m actually more convinced that there is probably no difference.

I don’t know 100% but it makes sense from a physics perspectives. The front is going to absorbs more energy in a crash. It’s also why the black box is always placed at the very back of the plane to help it survive a crash.

I think if you don’t want people to call with marginal hands preflop you’re not good at the game

I get that tournaments are different and you don’t want to be allin vs a draw, but like all of those hands calling are fine for me.

1 Like

Redacted for privacy

We’re in.

20 Likes

itysl dinner clap

1 Like

https://mobile.twitter.com/audavidb/status/1543673721117822977

3 Likes

We share the same dream. Wild.

Pretty sure I have a table from death for a $1k. Bring it on fuckers.

Gl gl

1 Like

Softest $1K field is going to be over here in the Main Event mega satty!

Least fun form of poker ever, though.

6 Likes

Send some pics we’ll see if i recognize anyone

Last two of these I played I had hilariously stupid table mates. One was trying to stall in level one. Like, my dude, your starting stack is not gonna get you there.

Other one the big stack at our table made it his personal mission to end the bubble and was jamming or calling any two preflop. He lost 2/3 of his stack then walked from the table for the rest of his bubble.

He was on my direct left. :man_facepalming:

But yeah people are amazingly bad in these.

I’ve started warning my mtt tables I will be calling the clock way more than they have seen in the past. Fuck tankers and people who treat every decision like it’s worth FT ev.

1 Like

calling the clock is completely useless in large field tournaments. by the time a floor manager gets there and counts a minute it’s been at least 4-5 minutes from the moment you called clock. and the assholes will take that entire time because you called clock on them.

and i don’t think someone taking 5 minutes for a decision is a very big or common problem. the problem is with people taking 50 seconds for every mundane action. including the obligatory “how much are you playing” to every person at the table at the first level after a 2.5x open.

1 Like

All true but I do it anyway.

In satellites once it’s deep you want them going slow is the problem. But early on it’s just stupid. He wasn’t doing it to think he was legit trying to fold into the money in Level 1 with a starting stack lol…

Today I got the guy who cracked my AA talking shit about teaching me a lesson after commiting with QT on KQ2. Yeah nice job buddy, I should have clearly anticipated you luckboxing that and checked back the flop. Thank you for the great lesson.

In 5-10 years the shot clock will be standard like BBA has grown to be. Might not see it in stuff 1k and under, but HS stuff for sure imo.

I think it’s already in most high rollers. I think some form of chess clock is best, but it’s harder to implement.

If anyone is playing the main they had some schedule change because 1d is gonna be a total mess. Now instead of day 2ab and 2cd it’s gonna be 2abc. Also day 1d gonna be 10 handed