2022 World Series of Poker - Commonwealth goes on a heater

whatever, if you’re playing you gotta expect you’re gonna get it at this point, just change it to world series of covid

3 Likes

Record producer legend (and 2p2 legend) Steve Albini got some of that sweet NBZ money and won this bracelet.

7 Likes

Steve Zolotow in final 7 of 1500$ NLHE with 1774 runners.

Always seemed like a likeable old fellow.

Pokergo streaming it on YouTube right now.

Looshle playing lights out considering ICM implications

Calls out villains exact hand and folding an overpair to a 25% pot bet on the river - 4 liner to a straight (any 8) and he correctly says 109s before tossing QQ into the muck.

I liked the way he played that pot. Also somehow the chat pros in the poker go chat are the worst of all the chat pros. You would think the chat would be better given that it’s a paid stream but that doesn’t seem to be the case at all.

People who know just enough to think they are good at poker are often some of the worst at it. The number of times I’ve heard ‘I had blockers’ from a total donk in a spot where it barely applies is uncountable.

3 Likes

Ha yeah, or they’ll be like I HAD TO bluff there to keep my range balanced, going up against some total station. Love those guys!

Last month in my 5/5 plo game a guy tried a terrible hopeless bluff and then wouldn’t shut up for like an hour about how brilliant it was because he had ONE card that would have made the low end of the straight and “you have to use blockers to bluff”. :joy:

The best is when someone 5bets with AK because they block AA/KK against an obvious nit whose 4bet range is AA/KK.

if anyone looking for a poker boom chance, neymar is very deep in the 1k super turbo. one time.

1 Like

He made like 300k in 3 different WCOOP final tables last year. Might have been SCOOP but he’s quite good for an amateur.

https://twitter.com/MannyDaxwell/status/1538752554485555202

1 Like

Yea thats not a terribly uncommon sight at the wsop. Poker players are dumb and careless.

Sick brag alert: I busted Phil Ivey in a $1500 bracelet event in 2010 and he just got up and left behind his loose change on the floor (somewhere between $150 and $200)

5 Likes

now that I have enough distance from it, I can describe what I recall from one of the worst beats I have ever suffered playing what to this date was the biggest event of my life.

I was around 50k chips going into dinner break and had been bouncing between 35-50k for several hours. From the reported chip counts and looking at my own table I had decided I was likely one of the chip leaders so I started playing more aggressively. blinds iirc are 1000/2000 so it’s not like anyone is deep at all really.

I can’t remember exactly each card but it was approximately this:

I am dealt A83 with the 83 hearts. There are no hearts from any exposed cards. 3 kings go multiway completing with no raises after I bring in (it was a tarp!) with the exposed trey.

I pump it. I pump the absolute shit out of it. This is a dream scenario for a low hand with hearts. 4th street is a 4hearts. I’m still pumping the everloving shit out of the pot. 5th street - 5 hearts. Omfg. checked to me, I bet, 2 folds, and the last king… raises me?

I sit there and I’m like … ok… what do I actually lose to here? he’s got 2 diamonds showing with 2 lows. So at best he’s got a better flush and low draw? he had an 54Q or something showing iirc. 6th he gets the diamond and just checks - I hit my flush and I did the weirdest thing of my life but I checked it behind.

7th street is inconsequential to me with my hand but he bets into me on 7th and I was like “i cannot even believe I played this this way, but call” and I show what I think was a K high flush against his ace high (he had A8 diamonds in the hole and hit a low on 7th) so he had a slightly better flush with an 8-5 low against my 8-6 low and scooped.

the entire table was in shock and i could hear the guy muttering to his friends over there how i’d managed to save 3 bets - it was just that sinking feeling in poker sometimes where you know you’re fucked but can’t tell how.

after that I had lost most of my stack in that hand so it was essentially over for me, I could barely follow the action after that I was so flustered. oh well.

I did cash a deep stack event on my last day

1 Like

oh, one of my better moments all week was I played a stud8 turbo satellite. We did a last longer where 8/9 people put in $100. I made it to the end with like literally 1.5 bets against a 50/100 player (I looked him up - he wasn’t full of shit, his name was pierce, that’s all I remember) and I came back from that to almost beating him several times. We battled HU for what I think was an hour and a half. we hit the max blind structure at the end and the dealer seemed exasperated. Finally the guy was like “will you start flipping if I give you the side pot” and I was like “CALL” and I lost a few flips and we ended it. hahahahaha.

highly recommend anyone here who likes turbo stt’s playing those $150-200 satellites and doing last longers. at least half the players in those games are complete dead money and they run quick and constantly. dealer told me it was pretty easy to sell the tickets although not technically allowed.

1 Like

That is a marginal hand on third/fourth in stud 8 but understandable given wtf are the kings doing.

5th is amazing he raised you with an 8 in the hole staring at 3 baby connected hearts, that he also hit on his end so hard for you to have paired them. Kinda obvious he’s saying either you’re full of it, he hit hidden trips and doesn’t know what else to do, or he has exactly what he has (which makes the most sense, he thinks you’re on a worse flush draw (or he’s drawing to a better flush than you have), which you are) which makes 7th basically just a crying call mostly. maybe you’re supposed to bet 6th just in case he just had a four straight/low. idk Good table if they were shocked though, don’t think that would’ve been the case in a 10k.

1 Like

I had bluffed a few times to that point, that makes sense

yea I never thought I had a monster but at the end it just felt like he had to exactly have what he had in the hole to beat me, which is why it felt so shit. at no point in that hand til the raise did it ever really look like I was in much trouble unless he had exactly what he did.

I disagree its a marginal hand on 4th, from what I recall there were basically no low cards out that I needed and I had 4 made to an 8-6 or 8-5 - they did not even appear to really have any live lows at all, so I was playing my freeroll a bit

Also the lowest % rake in the entire place, especially with the last longer bets.

1 Like