2022 NFL Gameday Thread: C’mon Damar (Part 1)

and immediately throws a 10 yard pass

Anyone know what the OT rule is on a mid play change of possession.

Let’s say right there KC picks it off then he runs for a touchdown and then fumbles it. TEN recovers that fumble. Game still continues, right?

I would guess no because there was a change of possession but honestly not sure. Don’t think that has ever happened that I remember.

Well, we just saw what happens when he tries to find someone down field. Might as well hope his receiver makes a play and breaks a few tackles like their first offensive play.

Ok, now let’s say TEN picks up the fumble and then that guy runs it all the way for TEN TD. If the result of that is TEN loss, that would be the most hilarious result in the history of sports.

I’d tell him I don’t care how well X is covered, just throw it to him. Still gotta be better than that.

Feels like some kind of meme that this guy was drafted at all. Like Dinner for Schmucks style “what would happen if we falsely pumped a QB from some F tier school like Liberty and an NFL team actually drafted him?”

1 Like

It’s a sad day when the Sexy Rexy code of “Fuck it, I’m going long” is a huge step up over your existing QB play.

2 Likes

I think it’s dead with the change of possession. No TD. I feel like I remember this happening in the past. But I’m only like 65/35 on that.

Good way to put it, but clearly think it would have been…

Yeah, I’m not disagreeing.

Those were the good old days - when the bad QBs would throw 3 INTs a game as opposed to taking 3 insanely dumb sacks a game

I’m just shocked anyone, let alone a black QB, chose to transfer to Liberty. What the hell is the story behind that?

Was drawn to Hugh Freeze’s stellar record at Ole Miss?

I’ll be honest - I watch 0 college football so I can’t tell if that’s a serious response.

According to the Chiefsplanet brain trust - the ball is still live until the play is dead. So Sneed could have scored, and he also could have lost the ball to a fumble-6 and Chiefs lose.

But what if it’s just a fumble recovered. Game over, or Titan’s ball, 1st down?

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2022/11/06/nfl-overtime-procedures/

If after the first team scores a field goal the second team loses possession by interception or fumble, the play continues until its conclusion. For example, the first team can return the ball for a touchdown, winning by nine points. Or the first team can lose possession during the return, the second team can recover the ball, and the second team can return it for a touchdown, winning the game.

I guess game over?

Pretty clear they can scoop and score a re-fumble but if they recover a re fumble and don’t score. Game over.

Jfc Kirk Cousins on manningcast tonight