2022 NFL Gameday Thread: C’mon Damar (Part 1)

https://twitter.com/FO_ASchatz/status/1580731462222954496

(randall being on there, they put him in only on third and very longs that year)

Warm take (for this thread): Commanders is a perfectly acceptable name, we’re just not used to it yet.

2 Likes

Washington Command and Conquerors?
Combines the current and a new one.

Washington Red Army?
Combines the old name with the military whose top brass is located in Washington.

Fields seems hopeless but good lord what a dumpster fire oline

I’m not ready to write of Fields completely yet.

The play calling for him has been horrendous. They aren’t playing to his strengths at all (The O-line is a problem, but I don’t think it’s the only problem)

Calling football teams football clubs/teams is the most popular naming convention in the world last I checked.

1 Like

Penn State has something to say about that.

Got Kerry Collins and…Christian Hackenberg. Remember when Hack was gonna be first overall pick lol

The main problem with Commanders is that it shortens to Commies.

:vince1:

1 Like

He was the number 1 rated QB coming out of high school and then after 3 years he was like the 50th best QB in the nation and still got drafted by the Jets because he was big and white and had an arm

Same logic they used when they signed Joe Flacco

https://twitter.com/rodger/status/1580727962915467264?t=5fF_e5UISiG6UX4MJpJY_g&s=19

2 Likes

Here’s my superior plan to fix TNF.

1. Everyone plays on one Thursday, except for the teams that play on the opening Thursday night. Those teams will play twice. So that is 17 total Thursday night games.
  2. Only two Thanksgiving games
  3. Thursday night game on every week except for week 2 and 18 (there currently is no Thursday game on wk 18 anyway).
  4. Every team gets a bye the week before their Thursday game.

Only downside seems like some teams will get a really early or really late bye wk. Still seems like a massive improvement over what is currently being done.

I like to shit on it as much as the next guy but it’s pretty nice to have it there to look forward to during the middle of the week.

Early or late bye week isn’t a problem if we’d just drop the extra game.

18 weeks, 16 games, 2 bye weeks.

Commanders always reminds me of the rapists in Handmaid’s Tale.

It’ll be fine eventually, but it’s bad because it’s generically bad.

Washington Football Team is good because it’s uniquely bad.

My solution is better, Wednesday Night Football!

every team plays either on Wednesday or Thursday and the games run on week 1 and weeks 7-13. All else the same.

Todd Blackledge

ugh

Apparently, Hostetler played at PSU for a little bit.

Matt McGloin was on the raiders for a bit
Trace McSorley is back in the nfl, he’s on the cards and doesn’t he have all the PSU records?

USC takes the cake for most overrated coming out though, every year for a long time

Leinart, Palmer (who did forge a career but not a #1 pick type), Darnold, Kessler, Barkley, etc Marinovich mark Sanchez, Rob Johnson that’s quite the list of guys who were nowhere near the hype they got

oh you even have Salisbury

like is Rodney Peete the 2nd best one from there?