2022 Midterm Elections (Abandon hope all ye who enter here) butnahhh. or maybe?

people have to remember that the NY state democratic party is basically run by republicans

Would agree, dont think they correlate to NY and think that correlation in California is the likely best/only path

Rs are allowed to gerrymander. Ds are not.

2 Likes

So basically, the red wave was just storm surge in Florida.

Not only this they actually complied with the court rulings unlike every GOP state that said “fuck you” and voted with illegal maps

1 Like

:harold:

Call it the Florida Red Tide.

3 Likes

Ralston says we’re looking for 80K+ mail-in ballots in Clark County to be announced for Cortez Masto to be the favorite, if she’s leading them 65-35. She could be leading them bigger.

100K ballots and winning them 63-37 works, too.

I have family in both ca-13 and ca-27. Pessimistic but possible in 13, more pessimistic on 27, and I regard 22 as fool’s gold.

NBC now 222 +/-7, still feels wider but closer to reasonable.

I used to be in the House, until I took an arrow in the knee.

4 Likes

https://twitter.com/MattGertz/status/1590408937752645633

Amazing when Republicans are behind in the count and could use some post election counts the stop the count chants stop

That’s my reply to a couple posts about it. Dems created a law banning gerrymandering then tried to do it anyway. Shot themselves in the foot.

1 Like

So in other words… they are dems.

MUH norms!

Ron Johnson is going to win Statewide in Wisconsin by less than 1%, and the GOP will take 6 of 8 US House seats there. Hochul is going to win New York by like 5, and the Dems will take 16 of 27 it appears?

So obviously they could have gerrymandered their way to at least 20, which may end up deciding the entire US House.

1 Like

Sounds like NY needs to be ground zero for the work to do.

1 Like

https://mobile.twitter.com/SeanTrende/status/1590312197355626496

6 Likes

woat reference

Ny has a law on the books that says no gerrymandering. They yolod and did it anyway. The high court said lol no, a right leaning special master drew the new maps, and here we are.

Anybody else call it yet?