2022 Midterm Elections (Abandon hope all ye who enter here) butnahhh. or maybe?

Because it underestimated how much of a red state Florida is, not sure if they fixed it.

@Needle

Sorry dude.

7 Likes

The Florida red wave is really bad for the House theyā€™re going to lose several supposed safe seats

Also I fucking love you guys I would go insane without this outlet

My wife is watching Netflix ā€œyou canā€™t change the outcome why stress about it we voted thatā€™s all we can doā€ come on honey thatā€™s way too healthy

20 Likes

Cherokee County GA went 70/30 Trump, 78/22 in 2012. Walker only running at 65/32. LETS GO! Thereā€™s hope!

1 Like

images

Edit: supposed to be the gif, whatever, not messing with fixing it on election night.

2 Likes

Good news, theyā€™re only good for 2 years. Iā€™m sure the Democratic Party will learn the appropriate lessons from this bloodbath and retake the House in 2024!

1 Like

Florida sucks

Honestly retaking the house (assuming a loss here) in 2024 isnā€™t that far fetched.

Much better odds than taking the senate (regardless of what happens tonight).

We got so lucky he didnā€™t want to run for Senate. Would have absolutely crushed Hassan.

He acts just reasonable enough that people vote for him because they think of themselves as a moderate.

NBC CALL: DEMS HOLD VERMONT SENATE SEAT!

6 Likes

Iā€™m not so sure. I mean, I think the voters in New England have proven they understand the difference in gubernatorial and Senate elections. Lots of red governors there the last 20 years, very few senators.

New Hampshire the one New England state thatā€™s probably different on that front. Would have been very close IMO.

Well Maine too obv

1 Like

Iā€™d like to introduce you to Maura Healey, 51, the first openly gay attorney general in Massachusetts, and now the stateā€™s first female governor-elect.

220px-Maura_Healey_official_photo

20 Likes

Hearing this, a bunch of lazy Arizona homophobes got off their asses and headed to the polls to vote Republican at the last minute.

1 Like

NH is a little different - other than Sununu it had been pretty reliably a blue governorship since 1998. The only term an R won was because the Dems ran someone who wanted a state income tax which is a non-starter.

Shaheen, Lynch, Hassan all won easily. Sununuā€™s got the moderate street cred. People like the dummy.

https://twitter.com/aaronblake/status/1590149839249096709?s=46&t=6kcKFTFIp3KSXToXcm9Ndg

6 Likes

Sounds like the man we need for 2024.

12 Likes

Florida Dems were dumb for not voting for Fried in the primary.

1 Like