2022 Midterm Elections (Abandon hope all ye who enter here) butnahhh. or maybe?

What if, and hear me out here, we vote harder?

4 Likes

I did bet a little D Senate

Wisconsin 2024 election starts today in the sense that if Dems lose the state isnt winnable in 2024.

Iā€™m voting at 330 or so today and immediately going home and drinking. Hoping it plays out like 2020 where I have a drunken meltdown at 1am while commonwealth makes fun of me and then I wake up with a hangover at 6am and the bad guys lost. Odds of that have to be approaching 0% though.

12 Likes

The out with the best line I could find now has the line down. Where did you bet it? Iā€™m pretty tempted just to have a little sweat. Does that mean 51 D or 50 D also? 51 seems impossible.

The problem with is that 2020 was a one-of-a-kind presidential election in that it involved Donald Trump after he had served a term. Democrat voters voted HARD against Trump, as did a lot of traditionally Republican voters. That helped down-ballot races, too, like in Georgia.

Without him to vote against, (my theory here, though Iā€™m sure itā€™s not a hot take) fewer Dems will vote and Republicans will go back to voting Republican.

Right, I think thatā€™s true for the states I listed, with the possible exceptions of GA and NV - not sure on those.

I donā€™t recall making fun of you, just yelling at everyone to calm down lolā€¦ But I donā€™t think thatā€™s in store tonight. Best case seems to be a narrow Dem win that we have to sweat super hard. And thatā€™s unlikely.

1 Like

Maybe the making fun of came the next day. Details are fuzzy. Either way I deserved it haha.

3 Likes

I knew when AZ got called we were probably ok but it looked fucking GRIM before that. The early Florida vote coming in was justified full panic mode.

1 Like

Nah, it was Cuban voters who didnā€™t correlate as strongly to minority voters in the swing states.

LETS PLAY BALL ITS GAMEDAY!

COME ON EDEMS MAKE US PROUD!

Except in Texas where Hispanics turned out in droves to vote Republican.

Iā€™m very close to reporting my first post ever for subjecting me to Scott Stapp against my will.

7 Likes

50 should grade a win. I bet on bovada yesterday at +260. Bet D Senate/R House because it was better odds

GOOD PEOPLE ON BOTH SIDES (EVEN THOUGH I LIVE IN A STATE WHERE GUNS HAVE MORE RIGHTS THAN UTERUSES)

https://twitter.com/dougpolkvids/status/1590016810283200512?s=46&t=wF-LHgA_qsj5iwbAXookmA

Texas wasnā€™t a key state in determining the outcome, it was a run up the score state.

You think Hoffmeister has any chance today? Seemed like she didnā€™t lean into the ā€œI was a republicanā€ thing enough and allowed Stitt to paint her as a radical communist that would turn OKC and Tulsa into sanctuary cities in the limited amount of advertising I allowed myself to consume.

I mean, it sure would be nice to have a few of those House seats tho

1 Like

Sure, but would it have made a difference for anything?