2022 Midterm Elections (Abandon hope all ye who enter here) butnahhh. or maybe?

I would add as a factor that 2020 success was based in large part on Dems’ success pushing mail-in voting during the pandemic. Really tough to say whether that was a one-off situation or what.

Also GOP fuckery/war on voting, which has basically become formalized voter intimidation in places like Georgia, where an unknown number of people have had their voting status “challenged” by conservative groups and have to submit a provisional ballot and make a statement to the poll officer about why they are in fact eligible to vote.

1 Like

Yeah those are good points too.

Not really much value now. There was value on R House earlier in the year, but you had to lock up money.

1 Like

Not even close to comparable imo.

Obama was winning in about a third of late polls there.

He wound up winning by 1 point.

Susan Collins was winning in literally zero polls and won by 8 points.

https://twitter.com/theonion/status/1587172704381116417?s=46&t=6A72wbUcp9HiSGW_zHgbBg

10 Likes

We’re like 6 years into the GOP polls being the most accurate.

I’m not on predictit anymore but if I was I’d be shoveling money onto the Rs.

It’s absolutely nuts that Trump got 11 million more votes in 2020 than 2016.

Is it more shocking that Biden got 15 million more votes than Hillary?

Well… maaaaaaybe.

https://twitter.com/dellavolpe/status/1587078014365466625?s=20&t=xjpTvWqGO5GyYnc1Huay0w

Honestly can’t remember the last time we went into an election and I was pleasantly surprised.

Not today satan. 0 hope until the votes are counted.

2 Likes

I was an active member of the pit in this video

1 Like

Maybe the Kansas abortion vote?

3 Likes

Well, the last time the Republicans had all three houses under Trump they still didn’t even repeal Obamacare and passed almost zero legislation. Mitch McConnell to the rescue.

Abortion is basically the only wild card in favor of the Democrats.

I’m very pessimistic, but a dominant victory for Democrats isn’t really that far-fetched.

Everything else about the state of the country is pointing away from Democrat success. Without the SC ruling, I really think Democrats are looking at losing senate seats in NV/AZ/GA/NH and maybe CO. This still might happen, but it’s a lower probability.

Yeah, I don’t see how you could be a women 18-35 and be cool with the government forcing you to give birth.

But yet a lot are, a lot more will be as they get older, and many of the rest aren’t going to vote.

3 Likes

Even though Dems are still running 2k ballots behind Rs in our district, the trend that younger Rs aren’t voting early holds here, as well.

18-24: 1324 D vs 829 R
25-29: 1199 D vs. 610 R

If I see one more hopium post I’m going to dig up adanthar’s 2016 posts on NC early vote data. You have been warned.

4 Likes