2022 LC Thread—New Year, New Thread

Difficulty of acquiring a skill is a terrible thing to base pay and social status on. It should be based on value to society.

And I had a similar discussion with DS once. He assured me that he provided greater value to society than the people who pick up my trash every week. I disagree.

It’s not a conscious decision by anyone. It’s simple supply and demand. The value to society is definitely factored in as well.

1 Like

Valentina (black label) is better than both, imo.

That claim would have much greater weight if he’d ever had a job picking up trash.

Sklansky would probably tell you he generates more value than like a dozen top-flight heart surgeons or CEOs or whatever.

You’re just telling yourself stories to make yourself feel better. There are some jobs - like picking up the trash - that are necessary but unpleasant. People will do whatever they can to make sure they don’t have to do those jobs themselves and then make up a bunch of bullshit to try and justify dumping the responsibility on others.

No, I’m accounting for that. Unpleasantness is one factor. Number of people willing and able to do the unpleasant job is another.

Are they the same style? I strongly dislike cholula. If I don’t have my sisters homemade Salsa or some hot sauce I get from a mexican restaurant I’m putting tapatio on everything.

I even put it in my potato & beef stew. So good.

Your preference is similar to how people will prefer a certain buffalo or Louisiana style hot sauce. Same style, small differences in flavor.

Tabasco all day long imo

Valentina yellow label. But depending on how sensitive to spice you are, I suppose one could even find that one to be spicy.

1 Like

Louisiana style hot sauce is different than Tobasco

1 Like

Would it be legal to repackage hot sauces and sell sampler sets? I’m too lazy to do that but I might buy one.

When I see a new one at a restaurant, I always give it a shot.

Seems odd they don’t sell them like ketchup packets. Maybe they do and I just haven’t seen them like that.

The problem is it’s hard to compare over long time intervals unless something is particularly bad or good.

Maybe change the sampler idea to where the sauces are only numbered, with instructions on how to conduct a taste test. Charge extra for the reveal.

BUMP, Apparently they are going to remove the KKK guy’s name from this building

This is Cancel Culture Run Amok! I would protest the change but I’m am busy advocating to ban dangerous books from my neighborhood elementary school library.

Which KKK guy on a Bama building is THE KKK guy?

This petition appeared to be Kanye’s turning point, and he was quickly spotted with multiple different women over the festive season before publicizing his romance with new girlfriend Julia Fox in January.

soon after Kanye’s comments, Kim and North uploaded a new video together, and days later Kanye began to lash out on Instagram, posting: “SINCE THIS IS MY FIRST DIVORCE I NEED TO KNOW WHAT I SHOULD DO ABOUT MY DAUGHTER BEING PUT ON TIKTOK AGAINST MY WILL ?”

But Kanye continued to make allegations on his Instagram page, including a post that said “Kim accused me of putting a hit out on her.” He went on: “These ideas can actually get someone locked up. They play like that with Black men’s lives, whether it’s getting them free or getting them locked up. I’m not playing about my Black children anymore."

The rapper also wrote: “America saw you try to kidnap my daughter on her birthday by not providing the address” in reference to Chicago’s birthday party.

Kanye West and Julia Fox’s whirlwind romance is kaput.

The “Uncut Gems” star and Yeezy fashion designer have ended their open relationship after about six weeks of dating.

“Julia and Kanye remain good friends and collaborators,” her rep said in a statement to Page Six, “but they are no longer together.”

The split comes after West, 44, spent Super Bowl Sunday on a social media tirade in which he shared that he had cut Kid Cudi from his new album and bashed Pete Davidson, who is dating estranged wife Kim Kardashian, for being a “d–khead.”

“LOOK AT THIS D–KHEAD,” West captioned a paparazzi photo of Davidson and Kardashian taken last month. “I WONDER IF INSTAGRAM GONNA SHUT DOWN MY PAGE FOR DISSING HILARY CLINTON’S EX BOYFRIEND.”

Kanye got some big divorced dad energy going on

I admit to having been sucked in by Ye’s weekend Instagram tirade. The highlight was Michael Che’s response to Ye’s offer to get him to quit SNL.