2022 LC Thread—New Year, New Thread

Davidson has big dick energy and also likely a big dick.

When will the world acknowledge that Emily Ratajkowski was Gibby’s girlfriend on iCarly?

1 Like

https://twitter.com/SketchesbyBoze/status/1592295038775889928

https://twitter.com/CoralQuilts/status/1474695482785951750

Am I crazy or is this utterly hilarious? I’ve had mixed responses from people I’ve shown it to.

https://twitter.com/RexChapman/status/1592203011560214528

6 Likes

It’s hilarious and even has a prominent feature in a Wikipedia page

Can someone tell me in neutral terms what a “Captain” is? I keep seeing it in the squabble threads. Is there a policy issue at stake, or just two groups that don’t like each other.

Also there is often reference to another Unstuck site but I never see a link to it

I don’t want to ask in the mod thread bc it’s a cluster in there

Not really

1 Like

My advice would be to avoid it entirely. Over time two nebulous groups have formed that like to snip at each other, one of which was given the nickname “Captains.” There are some policy disagreements but I think it’s now predominantly personality-driven.

The name was chosen, not given

There are two factions. One side contains MrWookie. The other side has been labeled “Captains”.

Yea, like I said my advice would be to avoid it entirely. Increasing your awareness of the issues will not make your forum experience any better.

I’ll give it a try:

A long time ago someone started a PM thread to discuss (from what I understand) a change in modding rules and forum culture. That thread or group was called “The Council of Captains”. When this became public people who participated in that thread were called “captains”. Later that term was also used for people who were not part of that original group but were associated or agreed with them.

2 Likes

OK thanks, that’s good enough for me. I think I’ll just take @hokie advice and steer clear

Lol I should run for mod on the sole platform that I will never post in a mod thread

4 Likes

I cannot emphasize enough how much rsv is out there right now. Children’s hospitals are overwhelmed. Things are shit

2 Likes

You can get it multiple times. I’ve diagnosed people from 9 weeks to 90+ years this week

So has RSV been around for decades? Did it used to be just lumped in with the common cold, but now it’s differentiated? I never remember hearing about it until recently

Been around forever. We have more ability to diagnose it now. It’s best known for causing called bronchiolitis, which can be oversimplified into being described as an asthma attack that doesn’t respond to asthma meds

Apparently there’s also a nasty version of strep going around right now, gl people with small children.

Is it diagnosed by a blood/snot/saliva etc. test or by symptoms?

Nowadays it’s a combined viral swab for Covid/flu/rsv

1 Like

I’m pretty sure I have RSV right now tbh. I’m on day 4 of sore throat, coughing, sneezing, and lots of mucus. Mornings are especially terrible. I’ve tested negative for COVID 4 times now too. Fun stuff when you have a 6 month old, especially when he has realized that when he coughs he sometimes farts and it relieves his gas.

4 Likes