2022 LC Thread—New Year, New Thread

I dunno, every morning (not so bad at night) I get nearly to vomiting from my toothbrush gag reflex, but I got no problem when it’s a dick

4 Likes

Thanks didn’t know that was a thing. I’ll do that next time.

Me too in terms of brushing. Let’s just say in the rare cases I test my gag reflex it’s the most shallow soft bj ever. :grin:

A buddy of mine has barfed on a few guys which seems awkward! :grimacing:

I wonder why we both have it worse in morning too?

1 Like

I used to get strep all the time when I was a kid. No idea why I never had my tonsils out. I hated getting throat cultures so, so, so much.

1 Like

I think this more or less was the thinking, but that has evolved and for some infections shorter courses of antibiotics are being recommended. Instead of a longer course, giving a shorter course and evaluating how the patient is doing to determine if they need to go longer could be a better approach sometimes. It may be that longer courses may actually be better at causing resistant strains.

Here’s a link that discusses the issue a bit:

1 Like

Seems to me like the phlegm and the stomach just take a while to settle every morning

I don’t usually eat until I’ve been up for hours

1 Like

This is exactly right.

That was the conventional thinking, but it may not be always the case. From my link above:

I see where they are coming from, but we need more and stronger evidence to change course here.

Well it looks like the scientific committee of the ACP has already advised shorter courses for the infections mentioned in the article, so they’ve arguably changed course already.

I haven’t exactly done a deep dive, but I’d think that the scientific committee of the ACP is qualified to evaluate whatever evidence does exist and that the extent to which they have changed course is justified by that evidence.

Again, I haven’t looked at the individual studies, but it seems like they got some real evidence to go on here. RCTs seem pretty solid.

OK, guess I have some reading to do

It seems like it was more than just the olds. This is from the article also:

Looks like about 3/4 went too long for UTIs in this cohort.

The Brooklyn Nets strongly condemn and have no tolerance for the promotion of any form of hate speech. We believe that in these situations, our first action must be open, honest dialogue. We thank those, including the ADL, who have been supportive during this time

1 Like

My understanding is that you probably do not want to do this. As bad a time as you have swallowing pills, from a friend of mine who served in the military where this was apparently common when deployed, this is worse. YMMV obviously. “Hurts like a motherfucker” may be underselling it.

https://twitter.com/attenboroughsir/status/1585575701637234688?s=46&t=ya-9vJgLc8IEwaJJBU0-oQ

6 Likes

Kyrie is one of those guys who’s always seemed pretty popular among the other players, even above and beyond how good he is as a basketball player :sweat_smile:

Just think, that statement was drafted by a professional at writing statements! “We are grateful to the ADL for their support during this difficult time” lolol.

1 Like