2022 LC Thread—New Year, New Thread

oh I will fight about this, the more gangster/trap stuff was excellent

Gold Digger?

1995-1999 was such an amazing era for the genre that the 2000s were just a huge step down. I kinda like the stuff that’s coming out these days.

2 Likes

Yes

I think I may have just been the perfect age demographic but lots of the songs I still listen to from that genre are mid to late 00’s - lots of it probably isn’t palatable to many people, it goes quite hard

that’s like peak lil wayne too, i think

Just making sure. That is my favorite one as well, but I will be the first to admit that my taste in music is super basic.

Yeah and Gold Digger is probably the only Kanye song I can name - so lol me forever.

Nothing better than a bunch of pasty gen xers / millennials critiquing one of the most acclaimed hip hop artists of a generation.

3 Likes

I mean, you see it in the music thread here. Rare to see much from the past 20 years posted.

I don’t have a dog in this Kanye fight, but if not Gen Xers, then who should be doing the critiques?

Kanye is batshit insane and I don’t care at all for the new stuff, but people disrespecting College Dropout, Graduation, MBDTF & Pablo are just objectively clueless about hip hop.

4 Likes

Not white 40 year olds?

technically im not white

I’m pretty sure 25-45 year olds are Kanye’s demo. They should critique him - they were around for all of it.

1 Like

When you say it that way, it doesn’t sound like the age range was a particularly important feature. That’s not how I interpreted your first post.

I was not 40 when I started hating on Kanye. And lol aren’t most of his fans white dudes in their late 30’s-40’s?

This forum might be the whitest place on the internet. I think T_D is more diverse

1 Like

T_D probably has more Kanye fans.

I gotta respectfully disagree with you on Kanye, but it’s okay; people can like different things. I just fundamentally don’t get his style.

Everyone is welcome to their own opinions, but it is beneficial to be conscious of when those opinions place you in the extreme minority, since it’s more likely that you are the one who got it wrong and are missing out on awesomeness.

1 Like

I fully admit I have no idea the extent, depth or power of Ye’s music. I was just joking around.

1 Like