2022 LC Thread—New Year, New Thread

some hard-hitting news in the village times

1 Like

Seems like the Number One activity in the Villages is Committees!

In the most Florida thing ever, homeowners insurance is going up like 4x or in some cases is no longer available because of the prevalence of some roofing scam stemming from a terrible state law.

In perfect boomer fashion, Villages residents used the scam to get a free roof and now are outraged the premiums are going up.

2 Likes

Man do old conservatives hate Jane Fonda. The game of telephone that has been played with her actions there has to led some absurd stuff being claimed.

She was Hilary Clinton before Hilary

3 Likes

I made a big journey to the outside world the other day, went to Target to pick up some gym shorts - as I’m leaving, one of those big special needs groups was walking in, and a chaperone/counselor said to one guy “When we go in, do NOT talk about ice cubes!”

I wanna know what he had to say about ice cubes, it’s been haunting me for days, what does he know that I don’t?

4 Likes

Are you sure it was plural?

1 Like

if that’s what he meant I even more wanna know what he has to say

1 Like

At work the other day I received a pallet of soap for the company I work for. The trucker showed up and one of the first things he said to me was “Is this city or county” and I am so confused so after some back and forth I figure out that based on the name of the company I work for he thought he was delivering to a warehouse ran the City of San Diego.

And then he says like “Oh I thought this was like free soap for poor people”. And Then I look at his truck and he’s got like “Let’s go Brandon!” bumper stickers all over it? So I just ignore what he said and he leaves and its like what the fuck bro? Why would you say that to a person you didn’t know?

Really reminded me of that Uber driver who kicked out his passengers after they were like “oh thank god it’s a white guy who speaks English that picked us up!” like he felt comfortable to just say racist shit to another white person.

I really wish I had started needling him like “Free soap for poor people? What I great idea! No person should go without soap if they can’t afford it. Never thought of it until now but we should definitely nationalize the soap industry” but instead I just said nothing and waited to post my hypothetical zingers here.

4 Likes

You should have told him that’s the next delivery to see if he would hang around and harass the next driver.

1 Like

https://www.reddit.com/r/interestingasfuck/comments/xa9gev/tap_water_in_jackson_mississippi/
USA#1

1 Like

Working as intended

1 Like

Coffee on tap seems pretty great to me.

LOL I don’t remember this at all

https://twitter.com/kendallybrown/status/1568312479540977664

11 Likes

Dr. Phil saw it coming and kicked him off the show before he could get his say.

Phil is a straight up wife-beating scumbag.

1 Like

Also the guy was pretty ineloquent in making the “we’re the same” point, which isn’t shocking coming from a creator of Bum Fights.

Oprah doesn’t get nearly enough shit for bringing both Dr Phil and Dr Oz into our consciousness, in addition to the Jenny McCarthy bullshit.

3 Likes

Worst person you know dot jpg

you can’t lay it onto any one person. there were so many shows like that, phil donahue and ricki lake and maury povich and jerry springer. culturally it was going that way

Everybody knew that Springer and Povich are trash. Oprah gave Donahue and Oz the veneer of respectability.

1 Like