2022 LC Thread—New Year, New Thread

Yeah, I can’t imagine waiting in line for more than 25-30 minutes with kids. That sounds awful. When I see parents with young kids waiting in the hours-long lines for these things I can’t imagine they are having a good time. Even back when fastpass was completely free, many people never used it.

Never liked going to Disneyland with my kids and would opt out as soon as that was an option. We had membership to the zoo and aquarium though and would go there all the time. That was great. Zoos in particular. We’d visit the zoo in any city we went to. I did that before I had kids too. San Diego is awesome of course, but nowadays most zoos have nice stuff. Seattle has a great orangutan exhibit and we had an experience just like this where they were interested in our kids.

1 Like

yep this is the problem they’re dealing with, it’s worse at disneyland CA because it’s such a smaller park. capacity pre pandemic was like 60k or something insane for how small that park actually is sq foot wise. they really really do not like hitting capacity because they know it makes a miserable guest experience.

i went in early feb mid-week and the lines were reasonable and it was pretty fun. not the norm though

Cedar Point GOAT

2 Likes

Kids might enjoy it but there are plenty of other things that they’ll enjoy too. I never went to any Disney properties growing up and I don’t think my parents should be jailed for neglect because of that.

3 Likes

Exactly my experience. If you have to spend 10+ hours researching stupidly complex rules to have a chance of not being miserable, what the fuck are we even doing here?

Have you looked at the videogame thread lately? Dudes love researching and strategizing stupidly complex games. Just think of it as gameifying a vacation experience.

Basically this. Beating the system is it’s own kind of fun.

I was 8 when I went and I barely remember any of it. Seems like an awful lot of money to spend these days for an experience that will largely be forgotten.

Now Action Park, that place left an impression.

Yeah, we were talking about it in some other thread a couple years ago when this documentary came out:

2 Likes

I grew up in NJ and had season passes for Six Flags Great Adventure, but I always really really wanted to go to Action Park. And my parents never took me. Not sure if they knew it was enormously dangerous, but probably a good decision in hindsight.

It also inspired this classic

1 Like

I was shocked to learn that a lot of adults actually enjoy it as much or more than the kids. If people just did it for their kids, the park would be half empty imo.

1 Like

My brother in law is 40. Fucking loves going more than anything. With no kids. Straight up creepy.

1 Like

ngl, popping a few gummies and going on Pirates of the Caribbean and the Haunted Mansion sounds like a blast right about now.

2 Likes

what’s creepy about it? it’s made with the sole purpose to make you feel happy and worriless.

1 Like

Of course the government is going to tell us that, but it still doesn’t explain the flour gang stuff. Going to need to see the test redone and streamed live before I believe it

Finnish media reported claims – amplified chiefly by far-right and anti-government accounts – that a voice on the clip could be heard shouting “the flour gang”, supposedly a reference to drugs, but it is not clear the term was used or even what it means.

It’s meant to make children feel happy.

1 Like

It is, but this is a misleading statement. It’s also intended to make adults happy, and IMO you’d struggle to make an argument otherwise. But even if it were the case that it’s solely intended to make children happy, or even primarily children, I still struggle to find what is inherently creepy about an adult enjoying that. Guess it’s just me.

2 Likes

Have a very good friend (50-something with wife and kid in early teens) who spends virtually all of their vacation budget on Disney. They go to some Disney property/cruise/island thing at least twice a year and he swears he loves it. I think he’s insane.

I guess I’m glad I took my kids that one time and our last amusement park experience was Universal Studios when they were around 10-11 but lol at ever going back. Once they were old enough to enjoy National Parks, we’ve never looked back. National Parks have a Junior Ranger program that’s silly as hell, but miles closer to an experience they’ll remember and have a positive impact on them than gdamn Space Mountain.

2 Likes