2022 LC Thread—New Year, New Thread

Looks like this guy isn’t getting the happy ending he might have hoped for.

2 Likes

I sat here for 5 solid minutes trying to figure out how anyone can come to anything other than $20 and I couldn’t do it.

2 Likes

Wait, that’s real? Two sentences in I was like “lol, this guy didn’t want to do his study, so just farted out this obvious satire.” I still think it’s like 50 percent that’s what happened.

Publish or perish bro that’s how academia works

Haven’t watched the video, but two possible wrong thoughts:

1. Buy for $60, sell for $70, gain $10. Sell for $70, buy for $80, lose $10. Buy for $80, sell for $90, gain $10. $10 - $10 + $10 = $10.

2. Bought for $60, eventually sold for $90, overall gained $30.

I’ve seen FAR worse on college physics exams.

3 Likes

https://twitter.com/shadihamid/status/1557180163519090689

Uhh Shadi accountability is the key, the whole key, and nothing but the key of democracy. The whole purpose of democracy is accountability, of politicians to their constituents. But the rule of law means that politicians are accountable to the law, regardless of politics. Otherwise politics becomes an existential life or death struggle with the victors free to disobey the law if they want.

What the fuck?

If you’d included “about $3.50” as an option, that might have beat $20.

1 Like

Jackson is a Kiwi. That’s why LOTR was filmed there.

I believe you mean sheep fucker.

1 Like

I voted that because I thought it was just a long version of Bastard!

1 Like

VFS sold his vote for 8% and bought it back for 9%

1 Like

brag: i voted to seize the horses of production.
beat: i did not sell my vote.
variance: y’all are outed as capitalist AF

your $20 is subject to short term capital gains tax

I crack up and also get enraged at this stupid fucking format of a tweet or meme or whatever where it’ll show a clip of the office like “THEY WOULDNT AIR THIS IN 2022” and it’s like completely benign, and acting like that still isn’t the #1 most rewatched show in the entire world, that they nearly singlehandedly built the peacock platform off of

this whole myth that you cant do or say stuff you could do a handful of years ago being the premise of that, I guess

And that Michael Schur was a huge part of The Office, then made BKN99, The Good Place and I think Mr Mayor. All the other shows had a similar humor and were on within the last two years.

Or that while The Office was on, it was the least controversial show on NBC that night. (Maybe parks and rec, but 30 rock and community pushed the envelope much more)

1 Like

The highlights make it difficult to see, but one of the votes represents 8 percent and one represents 9 percent….

If it’s a horse NFT it’d be a great investment

Yea, and even in michael’s most ignorant and offensive moments, the joke is always about how horrible it is, and if his character knew it was horrible, he’d strive to correct that behavior anyway. he’s ignorant, not hateful.

It does annoy me in this way there are some community/30 rock eps taken off streaming services for “offensive jokes” where the joke is that the offensive person is being a bad person and their conduct is not appropriate.

Probably out of fear of morons like my parents who thought archie bunker was a role model, not a caricature.

1 Like