2022 LC Thread—New Year, New Thread

Not over the last 15+ years, according to that graph fwiw.

I’ve always felt like gentrification would be optimal if the cities/states/fed govt themselves subsidized the improvements (and let owners remain and renters continue to rent at existing rates) so their own citizens didn’t have to live in squalor. Although that would make barriers to entry worse, at least the existing renters/homeowners would be able to reap the benefits of society’s largesse.

For new renters/owners there would hopefully be large subsidies to defray the burden of getting one’s foot in the housing door.

I would fund these programs with a progressive and extensive property/land tax on individuals (including corporate “people”) with more than $5M in property/land value. I don’t care to hear about “smart” incentive arguments from plutocratic water carriers as to why this won’t work.

The people who know the correct answer aren’t shown on it.

If you get a D4 tattoo Blizzard will give you beta access. It seems incredibly strange to basically pay for advertising space on peoples bodies.

it’s on brand

make a blood pact to play our beta!

1 Like

https://twitter.com/SamRo/status/1549084792058150913

4 Likes

People don’t know this but there were 400 pizza delivery people on scene

9 Likes

Every day we see the negative effects of social media in this world.

This is gonna be the opposite of that. Guy’s gonna be a millionaire.

I’m guessing there’s quite a few people who have fantasized about this exact scenario after seeing the Outsiders with young impressionable minds. This guy fucking did it.

This guy just owned Uvalde and every other fucking coward like them. A pizza delivery man. Best tears of joy in awhile.

2 Likes

breadcrust

20 Likes

I really want to go to Hawaii but the whole history is so tragic and fucked up.

https://mobile.twitter.com/mywheelhouseftw/status/1548531445542440961

3 Likes

Waingro?

2 Likes

Wow, that seems very expensive considering how middle class the neighborhood looks. You can get a house for that price a mile or two from the beach in most parts of Florida.

https://mobile.twitter.com/BenTheBaneDavis/status/1549066362537910272

HGTV puts me on instant life tilt. I despise every single thing about it. Have you ever noticed that there aren’t any real designers or architects on there? Instead just low-rent cosplayers like mom and daughter, husband and wife, or twin brother feel-good story teams. It would be like if MTV in the 80s was all a bunch of bottom-feeding Yootoob nobodies, or NBATV only showed white guys balling at the YMCA. In a way, HGTV is sort of like the media arm of an MLM scam: make idle, untalented white people with too much money think they too should try their hand at interior design and flipping.

1 Like

I rarely watch those shows, but I like how they’re always in there with the contractor dudes tearing down walls and pulling tiles or whatever making it look like they’re doing all the work. lol gtfo

I’m a school teacher, I’m a stay at home mom, we have a $2 million budget

Fuck off

Housing is all over the place in Indy. It’s not even in a “trendy” neighborhood. There are similar houses for $550k around.

DEMO DAY!!

2 Likes

Blizzard’s getting hammered by fans for making Diablo Immortal a pay to play mobile game.

Of course, they’re all paying to play so it won’t stop Blizzard from doing the same with Diablo IV.

God, video games are such a fucking racket these days.