2022 LC Thread—New Year, New Thread

mariachi gets a pretty silly rep (hollywood portrayals maybe), but it’s a genre as big choro in some respects, and bigger than some subgenres of jazz.

Thread needs more Mexican circus music.

2 Likes

My brother in laws buddy won $75k on a drunken $5 bet at the derby yesterday. He hit the win / place / show or whatever for the top 3.

9 Likes

This is why we need answers.

ICWUDT

1 Like

It’s fine. Hilarious too.

In Los Angeles if you want to hire Mariachis there’s a convenient place where they gather looking for work.

He should order a Mariachi band imo

3 Likes

https://twitter.com/duty2warn/status/1523395188646850560?s=21&t=RBdSHv-9OrSHXd79kvGPYQ

3 Likes

TIL, the /r/anime_titties (Reddit - Dive into anything) subreddit is for discussion of world politics, while /r/worldpolitics is for shit posting.

Someone laid out my exact take on this in a tweet:

https://twitter.com/DavidKlion/status/1523126442564984832

“I’m my therapists’s favorite” is the reddest of red flags

2 Likes

Been there on a smaller level. Was drinking heavily while watching races at Canterbury once and just punching in random combo bets to the point where I had to scan all my slips because I didn’t even know if I won. Hit a $1.5k win on a $1 bet.

2 Likes

America

2 Likes

Only thing that shocks me about that is that there isn’t a Reese’s Peanut Butter Cup Big Cup Hard Seltzer available there

5 Likes

As long as your slander doesn’t encompass Reese’s Pieces, we’re good

Reese’s sticks one of the few candies I actually like. Stop trying to force nougat in there

Reese’s Pieces is my favorite candy of all.

But fuck all this KING SIZE BIG CUP OUTRAGEOUS infinitely surreal varieties of nonsense pizza shooters extreme fajitas Extreme Pickle™ Pringles marketing bullshit put out right at kid eye level at 7-11. Fuck it all straight to hell.

Cookies and cream Oreos. MOTHERFUCKER OREOS ALREADY ARE COOKIES AND CREAM GAHHHHH!!!

Fuck that grown adults with MBAs sit around a conference table dreaming this shit up that I’m going to have to pay for in the form of everyone’s diabetes complications. They deliberately put chemicals in this stuff that make it more addictive.

Seriously - just go to a major grocery store sometime and look at the wall of Pringles cans. Try to glean the message behind each RADICAL new flavor. It’s completely out of control. Utter madness. Bacon Double Cheeseburger Pringles. Because you know, bacon single cheeseburger just doesn’t have the right balance.

3 Likes

I thought it was a comment on the pricing but any excuse will do!

1 Like

I suspect much of this stuff is about leveraging existing shelf space for more shelf space.