2022 LC Thread—New Year, New Thread

I really liked boomtown, but iirc they abandoned the “roshomon” approach for the second season and then it was just another cop series that got cancelled.

There was an episode where Joe Spano from hill street blues played somebody dying of cancer and they asked him how long he had left and I always remembered his response: “I’ve stopped flossing.”

2 Likes

https://twitter.com/ranimolla/status/1521987479888355330

4 Likes
1 Like
1 Like

This reminds me of The Voyage of the Mimi starring a teenage Ben Affleck, which I watched in science class in middle school.

5 Likes

Kids probably not even sore the next day.

We watched this on giant laser discs

1 Like

The one I remember was about a young lady who was late, like, late late and all the guys she lived with got word. Apparently all condoms in a pack come from the same condom tree so to figure out who the dad is they each got one out and poured water into it to see which one was the weakest, thus proving paternity.

Bedroom cable tv and internet from age 11 was not my parents brightest parenting move.

Wow, I remember that show but haven’t thought about it since the mid 90s.

That was even on German television as „Die Spezialisten unterwegs“.
Ten-year-old me had his first crush on Courtney Cox. Probably the reason why I got into Friends later on.

1 Like

I have pirates of the dark water stickers on my door

2 Likes

I ran a whole D&D campaign based on this show.

1 Like

6 Likes

This type of drone navigation should be much easier to do well than self driving cars.
https://v.redd.it/ffwu4sch5lx81

Random forests are AI’s jam

2 Likes

Netflix increasing my subscription price starting in June. Isn’t that special?

Guess it’ll work while Better Call Saul is being released. But man there’s way too much shit on Netflix to justify a price increase.

What a complete waste of resources.

Stanford has a $40 billion endowment.

Pay people to move to Wyoming or something instead of jacking yourself off in public you fucking asshole.

2 Likes

Or give it to other middle-tier universities to improve their science/environment programs or whatever.

2 Likes