2021 College Football Gameday Thread

Ref stated he almost blew it dead there. So probably not

Didn’t look like offsides?

Teams should stop trying to block kicks, the penalties are like 10x as common as blocks.

A block isn’t the only successful outcome for the defense. Most of what the rush does is preventing the kicker from taking his sweet time to kick it straight down in the middle in his preferred arc.

I think people are being somewhat unfair to Slayton. He barely managed to get one hand on the ball. Jones could have lofted it a little more. Unfortunately, this opinion is shared by Skip Bayless.

This is what I thought too, he could barely get to it, if there was any loft at all it’s an auto TD

1 Like

There was loft. A lack of fucking talent.

1 Like

https://twitter.com/BrettKollmann/status/1438965624647028738

@Riverman is that you chasing free money?

2 Likes

When the defense breaks down and you have a free touchdown even if you underthrow the ball by 10 yards, you can’t lay it out on the receivers fingertips and be an above average qb.

I don’t know anything about Ark State, but considering how they put up 7 against fucking Montana, I don’t see how UW is laying 17 to anyone.

I guess their D is really bad since they just lost 55-50 vs Memphis when they were +2 in TOs and gave up 9.7 ypp.

so what’s going on in sportsball tonight

Maryland 3 Illinois 3 halftime

0 turnovers, both kickers missed a shortish field goal, guess I’ll come back and check when it’s a final score.

and UCF Louisville tie game UCF is in lville territory QB throws a short pass and it basically bounces off the receiver and pick six’d. They’re ready for the big 12.

Illinois takes a delay of game then punts on fourth and 1 up 7 with just under 5 min left at the maryland 40

Maryland is funny, OOC early in the season they beat everyone then lose to nearly everyone in the conference. even that R word

oh and if you’re wondering how Illinois is up 7, RB fumbled WR picked it up and housed it.

and it’s tied, who other than everyone could’ve predicted that

oh and yes, the Illinois punter is getting MVP chants

I see frank solich leaves a program and it immediately goes to shit again Ohio went to 10 bowls in 11 seasons. Might not win a game all year.

so Illinois got the ball back and what did they do

4th & 39 at ILL 7 on 3rd down and 28 there was grounding for throwing the ball to the center (well he was wide open)

all world punter couldn’t get them out of it, and I assume maryland kicks a field goal, which coach will blame players but you just needed one damn yard 5 minutes ago asshole

yep Maryland wins 20-17. You blew it gjge

And Nebraska could have had him for 17 more seasons, but 10-win seasons just weren’t enough. He even took them to a title game in his 4th season, so it wasn’t a Coker situation where he was riding the immediate coattails of the previous guy. Now Nebraska can’t even win 10 over a pair of seasons.

1 Like

Hahaha some dude for Indiana named his kid Seven

2 Likes
1 Like

2 Likes

Chokelahoma?

Guess he’s a fan of the last season of Married With Children