2021 College Football Gameday Thread

WHY IS THIS THE SUNDAY NIGHT GAME? FIRE EVERYONE.

First game in any new stadium with fans gets a prime time slot it seems

no it’s the annual get the cowboys/bears out of the way before everyone realizes they suck early in the year primetime games simply due to fanbase size so people will watch.

Well, I’m not savvy to all the workings of the NFL negotiating with the TV stations, but it seems like since NBC got two games this week, CBS and Fox got first choice after NBC was constrained to take Cowboys/Bucs in the opener. So they took Browns/Chiefs and Packers/Saints. This has a decent claim to third most compelling game, and if not, being in two huge media markets could easily put it over the top.

They already jerked this stadium off last year in a shitty opener like this.

Bears live: +1200

KC / Browns obvious choice but TV rules are weird

Seemed like obvious PI there

Steelers/Bills obv better than this one. I’d call this the most predictable game of the week right here with Andy Dalton drawing stone dead after 1Q of play.

just go for it again ffs

well now that we’re down 13-0 better not risk it

Maybe you’re not old enough to remember, but the Patriots were as bad as the Browns for a very long time.

The flyover shots of Hollywood sign and Griffith Park are better than this game. This monstrosity is in Inglewood isn’t it?

Nah, if you’re ~0% to convert then punting is probably fine.

I realize we’re all lol RB’s these days but I appreciate montgomery’s absurd balance ability, almost always falling forward, etc. So many good little things.

Did I hear that right. 39-year old o-lineman? That can’t be good.

should be a blowout and they’re only up 6 lol rams that’s the stafford I know

Both of these teams have one

Yeah not really sure how the punting unit failed that hard, but there we go. Then a standard obvious go for it spot on on 4th and goal passed up of course. I thought Allen looked good, choosing intelligent options generally, a bit unlucky on a few deep balls and almost picked Ben off a couple times, game could have gone either way. Running game looks like dogshit though and the offensive line was a bit suspect. Lot of holds.

My god the ads during SNF are absolute fucking AIDS. A bunch of virginia sheriffs telling me to vote for Youngkin for governor to Keep Virginia Safe. A fearmongering ad telling me that it’s Schumer and Pelosi who want to cut my Medicare and Medicaid benefits. An ad by a pharma group telling me to keep government out of Healthcare. Wtf.

Monte is underrated and underused. He can catch just fine, but they don’t throw it to him nearly enough. He could be about 90% of CMC if used properly.

LOL BEARS