2021 College Football Gameday Thread

Lets redo this

UK has now won 10 games for the second time in the last four seasons.

UK had won 10 games twice before that.

Mark Stoops isn’t quite at statue level…but he is getting close…dude has won 4 straight bowl games. Might have been 5 if not for a ref ejecting UKs star RB because he didn’t want his help up.

1 Like

At this point, should you even play the entire season? Did Ja’Marr Chase hurt his standing by sitting out? Maybe that was exceptional?

If you’re a first-round prospect, you should go to the league as soon as you are legally allowed. If you have to sit out some college, just do it, you should be able to find a private coach who will work with you individually for a future fee.

Let’s do the NFL draft before the cfb season is over and then see how many people are saying they should play.

1 Like

There is insurance for injury. Between tv, school, and bowl money, they should cover a $50M plan for 1st Rd picks.
(which is what a top 5 talent is risking in draft slot and rookie scale pay)

I wonder if any of these guys use their newly acquired NIL money to just buy the policies themselves.

Players have for a long while now. Athletic did a recent article

If they have adequate insurance, then why aren’t they playing now?

Adequate being the operative word
And now they are being asked to PAY to play? Lol no.

1 Like

Not having adequate insurance isn’t smart. They should probably fix that.

As far as pay to play is concerned. They can just get reimbursed via NIL.

Player says “I’m gonna need to buy this policy to play. You’re going to need to find some of that sweet NIL money to cover it”. If the player is important enough, the boosters will pony up.

I can’t understand why this isn’t just naturally happening. Maybe we need to give them a couple years to get adjusted to the new NIL system.

Until enough players sit out and enough dollars are lost, no one is going to look out for the players. It’s the American way.

I don’t think it about it as “looking out for the players” issue. It’s just a market interaction.

Player needs some amount of NIL money to play. School has to decide if getting the boosters to pay the player that amount is worth it (including all of the indirect effects of paying). Looking out for the players has nothing to do with it.

Strong start with military propaganda and Jesus freak singing

https://twitter.com/ricflairnatrboy/status/1480629379491409930?s=21

1 Like

It’s bad. Just a bunch of mumbling and it’s hard to follow the game because the picture is smaller.

Man, if this Fowler idiot would shut the fuck up for one second he might have seen the ball come flying out.

That looks shopped.

Let’s see if the ref are gonna cheat here

2 Likes

game is going to take forever huh?

Glad Herbstreit is pointing out a guy’s HEAD being offside from a 45-degree angle when you can’t see shit from that angle and also this isn’t reviewable and doesn’t fucking matter.

1 Like

Never a doubt

His arm is going forward because a 350 pound dude hit his arm