2021 College Football Gameday Thread

why the time out? wtf

1 Like

wtf? don’t let him score and don’t take TO?

Just want to leave some chance for an absurd loss, for no reason.

1 Like

kick it out of bounds please

Utah +4 bettors still gotta fade the ol’ pitchy pitchy woo woo

1 Like
2 Likes

This Sugar Bowl crowd has been doing some DRINKING

sugar bowl deliverin’

Nobody who is going to get drafted should play in a bowl game.

Boy do I enjoy Lane Kiffin anguish

this sugar bowl is nuts

1 Like

just got -40.5 and feeling good

Alternate take:

https://twitter.com/bubbaprog/status/1477302609790869504

1 Like

Probably correct. But there is no way you can get a kid whose team makes the playoff to do that. At that age, that’s the biggest thing that has happened to them. Convincing them to sit it out is gonna be impossible for competitive sports kid.

Look, if you want them to play, fucking pay them a market wage. Lots of old white guys getting rich off every one of these games. This is huge business.

The ESPN “they don’t love football” is so nauseating.

I’m looking at it from the kids perspective. I’ll bet most of them you could either offer them $$$ to not play or they can play and get nothing, they would turn down the $$$ and play (I’m talking about playoff only, other bowl games are a different story and I think we agree on those). It would be a pretty absurd amount to actually get them to take the money and sit out.

Besides, can’t they basically pay the players now through NIL. Most schools in bowls have enough booster cash to pay their studs for one bowl game.

https://twitter.com/redditcfb/status/1477483897403363334?s=21

1 Like

Do you even points, bros?

The ESPN guys do have a slight point, but they’re focused on the wrong thing. I think the vast majority of players certainly care about/like football. The reason they don’t care about bowl games (in general) is because a) the playoffs have turned other top tier bowls into consolation prizes and b) there are so many bowls that they aren’t really a reward anymore.

And of course, some players prioritize their future earnings potential over one game.

1 Like

Wtf 347 receiving yards in the Rose Bowl.