2021 College Football Gameday Thread

Had no intentions of paying $400 to watch my Hawkeyes play the ugly football they’ve done all season. Got lucky when a friend said he was able to get some suite tickets through a work connection. Tickets were awesome, and they had alcohol (which the stadium didn’t have during Iowa/MSU five years ago). Pic below. A few observations:

• The bar scene in Indianapolis was a bit of a mess before and after the game.

• The Edwards pass was pretty awesome. Didn’t see it coming at all. Throws a perfect ball 45 yards in the air, while getting smoked on release.

• The Michigan fans inside the suite were all very nice and friendly. The Michigan fans once I left the suite were…not. Not sure I’ve ever dealt with a more unpleasant fan base while leaving the stadium.

• Towards the end of the game I had a brief discussion with one of the higher-ups (UM alum) in the company who bought the suite. Congratulatied him on the win and asked if he was planning on going to the semifinals. He mentioned the cost of the suite per seat and mentioned how much the championship game cost (~20 seats total in the suite):

B10 championship: $450 a seat which seems pretty damn cheap
National championship $4000 a seat. WTF

Still had a great time desspite of the horrific loss. Congrats to the Michigan fans in this forum.

8 Likes

That’s crazy cheap for a midfield suite.

We had an end zone suite at OSU - Ole Miss in the 2010 Cotton Bowl one of the first years at Jerry World. All I remember is a 6 pack of Corona for the suite was $72.

Spending a ton of money, most of it on travel, to go to the orange bowl. Don’t think I’ll have a chance to do this again.

1 Like

Jimmy Kimmel LA Bowl?
Wasabi Fenway Bowl?

I swear these names get more ridiculous every year.

I was prepared for it to be expensive but HOLY SHIT it looks really really really expensive. Decent seats $1,500 each and outrageously expensive flights/hotels.

I mean it’s already New Years Eve in Miami, add this matchup and these fan bases and pent up covid demand and good god, perfect storm.

You can join the alumni association, get tickets, hotel for two nights, breakfast, ground transportation, tailgate for about 1550 per person if two people are splitting a room. It’s a lot.

Secondary market is going to be crazy at least until ticket allotments are released this week

I assume I can’t join the alumni association if i didn’t go there…

Agree buying now seems insane. As a solo the move may be just go there and wait it out on game day. Ticket prices sometimes crash right before game time.

Pretty sure you can actually. I don’t know though I’m an alumni. It’s like 60-65 for a year long thing. It may be different for me as a grad and letterwinner. Don’t think so though

+1. Seems unpossible to be so invested in a college team if you didn’t go there.

All it takes is a family member who is a fan to drag you in. Tons of big programs have lots of fans who didn’t go there

Started going to games with my dad at age 6, was the main thing we bonded over.

2 Likes

At least tell me your dad went there.

Yeah basically his whole family did.

1 Like

I’ll give you a pass then.

My entire father-in-law’s family went to Michigan. But he went to Purdue. He has turned into some sort weird Michigan/Purdue fan. But Purdue is always #1 for him AINEC.

I don’t know about Michigan but in AL basically everyone from birth is born into either a UA or AU family and that’s that. Sometimes a kid will hit puberty and rebel against the family and switch allegiances but usually you’re a fan of one or the other from cradle to grave. It usually has nothing to do with educational ties (as you might imagine, the rumors are mostly true).

1 Like

You’re getting warm

2 Likes

Bama’s Metchie is done. ACL. 96 catches of production fml

I’m honestly considering buying for the National Title game in Indy right now just in case Michigan beats Georgia.

Good seats are about $2300 + Fees, it’s like $1500 + Fees to get in the door.

If Michigan gets in with the game in Indianapolis, I can’t see the price getting lower on either of those. If it’s Georgia and Bama, then the good seats will prob go for like $1200-1400 and worst ticket for like $600-800, so I’d be out $1k per ticket worst case.

might be better to join the alumni group and buy tickets as part of the tour. I’ll let you know how what I’m trying to do with the orange bowl.

I feel like with the published odds on the game we can construct some pretty reasonable ranges on what prices it makes sense to buy at now.

Based on what you’re saying it sounds like you’re thinking that the price is going to go way, way up if Michigan gets there.