2021 College Football Gameday Thread

You should really be questioning the “by far the best team” at this point. They didn’t play anybody and first real team rips them for 9 YPP. This isn’t even one of the good Bama teams.

1 Like

If they lose a close game by one possession then ok maybe, but the entire problem with CFB is that there are too many teams relative to the number of games played. The sport absolutely has to look for ways to get around that huge limitation, so then why even have a CCG if the same two teams can play again?

They didn’t play anyone?

Ok

Outscoring your middling opponents 488-83 is still impressive.

Correct decision bad playcall.

Georgia and Alabama had 3 common opponents and 2 of them Alabama won by single digits that Georgia blasted.

Incarnate Word just lost getting tackled on the 1 yard line vs the #1 team

previous play RB doesn’t go out of bounds and signals first down, it is not a first down

fun game if you liked points on the board 49-42 Sam Houston gets 346 yards rushing 5 TD vs Incarnate’s 481 and 5 TD passing

Their best win is 10-3 against Clempson in W1?

Not really though? The team strengths are nonlinear so it doesn’t necessarily translate to performance against top teams. The way you win titles is by beating top teams by 1 point, not middling teams by 40.

This is the first time I can recall Bama just flat out not being able to run the ball but somehow still winning. Anyone else recall an example?

I think most on here know that Bama/Georgia will roll anyone they meet in the playoffs and that won’t lead to the changes they want to see.

Bama won 4 games by single digits so I don’t think so

Feel free to handicap the potential matchups.

With a month + to prepare and everyone healthy the talent advantage (especially coaching wise) that the average team in the SEC has becomes apparent.

CFP just called the refs in Cinci

Catch
Big Hit
Fumble
TD

Overturned as no catch. TV ref thought call stands which is what it looks like to me.

Next play UC stuffs the play for 4th down. Receiver and DB pretty equally jaw at each other face mask to face mask. Flag on UC player only. First down UH

UH goes down and scores.
42-13 becomes 35-20 instead.

Huh?

That’s like the least impressive game on their resume

Sadness abounds

1 Like

Roll tide baby

2 Likes

Like why does UGA need to be in the playoffs? This is solved already

My domer friend is seeing his dream die. OKst losing got his hopes up.

Georgia vs. Virginia in the Union Home Mortgage Gasparilla Bowl

1 Like

lol. You guys lost to Texas A&M and you’re talking this shit? I can only hope this is not a serious post.