2021 College Football Gameday Thread

OK, that’s pretty much what I thought. For a second there I thought that the kid really wasn’t attending the other section and they just fabricated that to shut you up and keep him eligible to play.

Out of curiosity, what would have happened if it was just a regular student who did the same. Would they have got it sorted just as easily?

He was attending. It was just a bit of “do you even know where you’re at, bro?” kind of thing. I can’t imagine it would have been any different for a regular student. I’m actually more surprised that an athlete would slip through the cracks on something like that because their handlers and compliance officers are pretty hardcore.

A swimmer mistakenly went to a physics class, decided he liked it, stayed and eventually won some big prize.(I was told this by a physics prof. Never could verify it was true.)

2 Likes

lol didn’t you correct riverman like an hour ago? :laughing:

Idk what you’re on about

1 Like

That’s fine with me! Although I was told this story in ~2010 and I had the impression it was a male jock type with not much previous interest or background at a school known more for sports than physics. I may have manufactured this context out of my own prejudices though.

lols

UT promises a “vigorous defense”

lol

1 Like

I don’t know shit about this but I’d love to see basically any university get dragged and end up with sanctions, if the claims are true. Especially now that players can make money through NIL.

1 Like

https://twitter.com/cbssportsnet/status/1451778737314439169?s=21

1 Like

I’d like to see them both lose somehow. Pruitt is a grade A pos and that outcome was inevitable

1 Like

Is ISU -7 a record line for an unranked team vs a top 10 team?

That’s pretty amazing. I was looking only at the magnitude of the lines for the top 25 to see what games might be most compelling today, but I missed the direction on that one.

Today’s slate looks like shit but I can feel the chaos… just hope it doesn’t happen to Michigan.

Lol Cincy

Lol Sooners

Top 5 teams

Michigan is a fraud

Would Navy over Cincy be the biggest upset of all time?

KU over OK OMG ONE TIME

Every one is a fraud

They may still be top 5, just seems like everyone sucks.

Thanks refs, we needed it