2020 Senate + House Races

Yeah the horror of bernie sanders leading a committee I had to look up who is chair of that now.

I’m not even sure that’s enough.

eh, I’d quickly bet 2000 to 1 odds on that and I’m probably more bearish on the senate than the forum consensus.

Even 200 to 1 I probably would do.

for dems, well PI has 10 dem for AL but I’m not that high since I don’t believe he has a big incumbent advantage like all those models seem to. MS I would take 50 to 1 and if that hits, they’d be at least close to 60. Not sure how much higher on MS I’d actually go though, that would make me do some research on a race I really had ignored for the most part.

https://twitter.com/AdamHSays/status/1315250284206215169?s=19

Mother of god

12 Likes

For reference, Trump raised $125 million in the 3rd quarter.

Also for reference, the previous quarterly record for a Senate candidate was set by Beto Orourke in 2018 when he raised $38 million. So an almost $20 million increase, or 50%. Incredible. Let’s just hope it works out better for Jaime than it did Beto.

I’ve been sending $10/week since June. $37/donation makes me feel like a cheapskate lol

Regarding Beto, why is Hegar drawing almost dead. You’d think with how well Beto did plus the fact that D’s are looking slightly better in '20 vs '18, that the race would be at least in the SC, MT, GA bucket.

Is it due to Hegar being a worse candidate, or that people just hated Cruz that much.

People hated Cruz more than Cornyn who is kinda generic by comparison

1 Like

Just looking at this now, and it looks like somehow Cruz actually has higher approval in Texas. It is more polarized with more strong approval/disapproval.

47/42 (31/36 strong)

39/39 (18/28 strong)

1 Like

she’s not drawing dead, but she has very low name-id for a senate race in such a large state. beto had better id and should have run this cycle.

my thinking is that name id depresses the poll numbers, but would be closer on election day as some people vote straight D. she would definitely benefit from cash donations right now, but even $20m infusion may not do much against cornyn’s campaign chest with only three weeks to go.

1 Like

Martha McSally says hi.

she’s not the worst R senate candidate this cycle, there’s far worse in Delaware at least.

Easy to forget because his presidential campaign was lol, but Beto was a GREAT senate candidate in Texas. He maxed out D chances there imo.

2 Likes

Narrator: It worked out the same for Jamie

How bout incumbant R?

eh, we’re starting to see R candidates worse than those guys.

Harrison is polling well above Beto’s high point. He is a true coin flip right now.

The polarization is key, and national feelings are key. There were probably a lot of Dems across the country who gave to Beto because they hated Cruz and Beto was a rock star. A lot of them might not even know who Cornyn and Hegar are.

1 Like