2020 Senate + House Races

I agree with this list. One nitpick is that I would put Texas in a lower tier than Alaska or Kansas.

I haven’t seen much from Kansas that gives me hope except for the way Jessica talks about it—that it has a chance.

Alaska is just a throw your arms up and guess type of state. Polling isn’t really possible there it all depends on turnout. I think there’s a decent chance that Alaska surprises some people. I’d almost bet on it had Gross appeared as an independent on the ballot.

It may be posted somewhere above but last night McSally attacked Kelly for taking money from a “left-wing special interest group.” When pressed she admitted she was referring to the gun control group Kelly’s wife Gabby Giffords started after being shot in the face.

McSally might be the worst candidate ever, non-scandal division.

5 Likes

I vaguely remember someone dabbling in witchcraft. Unsure whether that’s a scandal.

You guys are counting Collins out too early, I’m telling you.

1 Like

I mean, an incumbent down one point in Maine seems to be a really bad sign for her.

LOL imagine pretending to take the religiously based complaints of conservatives seriously about anything ever again. They don’t believe in any of this shit any more than I do.

I grew up around a lot of very religious people who just LOVED to talk about satan and witchcraft lol. The thought of them voting for a candidate that turned to witchcraft… it’s hilarious on several levels.

It’s worse than that when you consider Kyrsten Sinema is probably more to the right than either of them. Dems may need to run the table to have a shot at getting stuff accomplished. Even then, they’ll have to fade the new senators turning out to be just as much to the right as Manchin.

https://twitter.com/nate_cohn/status/1313867055641305089?s=21

Talking about Lindsay

https://twitter.com/politics_polls/status/1313862001353986049?s=21

I didn’t realize the Sacklers came here through chain migration.

Might be ponied but I don’t care.

Is there some reason you think the polls are off in Maine? Has Collins consistently outperformed her polls or had near election surges?

You might be talking about Michele Bachmann. I think she appeared on the Phil Donahue show (and later Bill Maher) talking about how she dabbled in witchcraft as a teen.

However, you can take any claims like this with a grain of salt (or eye of newt, as it were). Coming To Jesus after dabbling in the Dark Arts was all the rage in evangelical circles in the 1990s. All the cool kids were confessing to it. In the 2000s that changed, and all the up-and-coming evangelicals were former atheists, who always had a copy of Darwin in their backpack as teens.

No I think it was some lady from the northeast. Can’t remember her name though.

edit: Christine O'Donnell - Wikipedia

1 Like

Bad memories ITT.

1 Like

“I’m not a witch” has to be the GOAT opening line for a congressional ad

4 Likes

Whoever wrote that ad is the WOAT strategist lmao.

Nah it was that she same across as a nutjob. She was chosen by conservatives in the primary.

3 Likes

Darrell Issa is not a smart dude.

1 Like