2020 Senate + House Races

Lamar! is definitely not great but this dipshit who is going to replace him is a lot worse. And Blackburn is bad enough on her own to make TN bottom tier.

The worst state list was honestly really tough overall. There are just so many terrible Republican Senators. As much of a jackass as Ted Cruz is, heā€™s probably on the moderate side of the Republican senate caucus currently.

I think Kennedyā€™s gonna lose almost as badly as Morse.

Fuck off, Nancy.

3 Likes

It would be more interesting to debate the worst two-Democrat state.

Republicans are mostly fungible. Some are just bigger attention whores and enjoy rubbing their horribleness in our faces.

This is true. VORRS is 0 for like 52 of the 53 Republican Senators. Maybe 51 if you think Mitch is an especially evil/effective leader.

Voted for Markey, was in the Northeastern hockey stadium. Felt relatively safe even though a couple of workers had their mask under their nose (including 1 cop!!!) Boston in general a ton better than Rochester on mask compliance though, and probably Rochester 1000x better than anything in the south or midwest

1 Like

I think Virginia is likely the answer. Delaware a strong contender too.

3 Likes

I agree those are the top two. New Hampshire seems like the clear bronze medalist.

Kennedy is losing Bostonā€™s neighbor cities by 30-40 points, with no results in from Boston itself yet. He might lose worse than Morse.

This thread is way, way nicer on Kennedy jokes than I expected.

1 Like

Have some sympathy, dude is probably drowning in sorrow right now

2 Likes

NYT called it for Neal.

https://twitter.com/MWilliams_47/status/1300972926439583744

6 Likes

Thereā€™s an anti-Jon Ossoff commercial on right now, which reminds me: my 11-year-old told me earlier that heā€™s been getting a ton of Ossoff ads on YouTube. Also, he told me he saw an anti-Ossoff ad. His response: ā€œJON OSSOFF LIKES THE GREEN NEW DEALā€¦OOOOOOOHHHHHH THATā€™S TERRIBLLLLE. ACTORS LIKE HIM OH NOOOOOOOOOā€¦ā€

2 Likes

TBH Id rather have Neal and Markey than Morse and Kennedy so Iā€™m not terribly disappointed with tonight

congrats on the big markey win

to rain on the paradeā€“I donā€™t think the difference in reality would ever end up mattering

It matters that Nancy got dunked on. The more progressives win the more likely good progressive candidates are to challenge corporate whore GOP-lite incumbents.

12 Likes