2020 Senate + House Races

No volunteers to sit on the beach and point a camera into his condo?

1 Like

eh, we canā€™t ask them to do that, we need them phone banking and canvassing, lol.

Besides, it takes a real camera with a real lens and a lot of patience and ability to blend in. If my husband didnā€™t have a real job I would have sent him (heā€™s an amateur photog), but it would be a shit ton of just sitting there on stakeout

1 Like

Whether you win or lose the election, you should go hang out on the beach afterwards and try to wreck his life anyways.

11 Likes

Are we even bothering to run anyone against Devil Nunez this time round or did we decide not to throw more money at that problem after 2018?

likely D?

1 Like

Likely R.

lol just reading Rick Scott wiki is amazing. The first thing he has done after buying a doughnut shop is to purchase a hospital and shut it down so there will be no competition for his other hospital.

It couldnā€™t be more American if he was wearing a bald eagle.

2 Likes

lol holy shit

https://www.ajc.com/politics/roger-stone-rallies-for-doug-collins-in-gwinnett-tim-scott-flies-with-david-perdue/YX62WO4GSFDP7JK4PKO6OTZ2PQ/

2 Likes

itā€™s more lol 538 for having Jones above 3.5% than anything else.

Nick Saban as a dem is the only one Iā€™d go well maybe he doesnā€™t lose by over 10 points

lol good luck at demographic changes helping on the state level

https://twitter.com/politicswolf/status/1324044289660215297?s=21

jeez at the house being a bloodbath. Dems hang on by single digits

Kudos to spanberger well if anyone else flipped in 18 and held in 20 I donā€™t see it offhand.

:( at whoever insisted brindisi would win at me when I was darn sure tenney would win spoiler alert brindisi lost not called but heā€™s down 11 soā€¦

how the **** did van drew survive like FFS

And thatā€™s locked in for another decade. Ughhhhhh

Perhaps Iā€™m a sweet summer child but my gut tells me some of these can be taken back in ā€˜22 and beyond. Trump clearly drives turnout.

1 Like

Isnā€™t the GOP going to be able to re-optimize their gerrymandering for ā€˜22 through ā€˜30?

If you remember the op-Ed where she was one of seven House freshmen supporting impeachment, all of them flipped a district in 2018 and all but one appear to have survived in 2020, with that one still too close to call.

I was reading the wrong list, I made a presumption flips would still be on the close races list. Basically almost all of them they got back. Iā€™m tired I havenā€™t slept sigh.

Harley Rouda losing to the super shady Michele Steel is a kick in the nuts, thatā€™s for sure. Sheā€™s the one whoā€™s campaign put out the fake ballot boxes .

Also Gil Cisneros lost :frowning:

At least it seems like Christy Smith might pull it out after losing the special (Iā€™m still super salty at Newsom for not holding a special election for the 50th, grrr)

1 Like

Cali Dems flipped several seats well after election day two years ago. Historically these later votes tend heavy D but with the pandemic all-mail election, there are no guarantees.

Iā€™d rate Cisneros (down 1500) and Rouda (down 2800) with fair chances to win still.

TJ Cox in the Central Valley (down 3000) has a tougher road in a low voting district.

oh trust me, I know.

Iā€™m just doom-casting. In all likelihood, Iā€™ll know after the 5 pm update tomorrow if we have a chance in CD-50. Itā€™s a narrow path, but itā€™s not overgrown with Issa weeds just yet.

https://twitter.com/AP_Politics/status/1324383721118670848?s=20

1 Like