2020 New Hampshire Democratic primary Thread * 1st past the post wins...

wisconsin is 87% white.

I feel like thereā€™s a version of the Constitution hidden somewhere under some freemasons building that just says:

We the People of the United States, in Order to form a more perfect Union, do hereby declare LOL FUCK YOU!

1 Like

I can just see an election night results watching party where it ends up 269-269 and someone yells out, ā€œThe House decides! YAY!!!ā€ and Iā€™m the one dude sobbing in the corner who knows how that actually works.

3 Likes

lol

So Dems can win the popular vote by a couple million. Tie the electoral college. Have more overall votes in the House and still lose the presidency.

FYP, yep. They could even take the Senate, too.

2 Likes

Dems have already won the popular and electoral vote and lost the Presidency, although they kinda won it too because everybody running was in the same party.

2 Likes

Itā€™s actually even more complicated because itā€™s the incoming house, not the existing house, that decides, but yeah, I agree that in the event of a 269-269 tie, the dems are not going to control a majority of state delegations.

Ah, but if they take the senate then they might get the vice presidency. (Iā€™m going to have to double check my memory of how that works).

Edit: Yep, checked, thatā€™s how it works, Senate picks the Vice President.

1 Like

The more I think about it the eDems are completely fucked. Their firewall is Mike Fucking Bloomberg, a literal Republican oligarch who also happens to be five feet tall and viscerally repellent to actual humans.

Unless Bernie gets MLKā€™d the establishment will bend the knee.

Itā€™d be extremely toughā€¦ Like right now we are in a dominant position in the House, we control the Iowa delegation evenā€¦ But itā€™s still 26-23-1 against. Looking it over, if we took the tie Ā¶, itā€™s 26-24 and we need to flip twoā€¦ I think our best chance are states like North Dakota and Montana with only one representative elected statewide, thatā€™s how dire it is. The GOP just owns that tiebreaker forever and ever.

Yep. We could have a Trump-Sanders administration. Every day would be like:

Trump: Youā€™re fired!
Sanders: You canā€™t do that, youā€™re a yuuuuuge idiot!

1 Like

Trump continues to poll well in deplorableville aka Florida.

Do the Steyer numbers include what he spent on ā€œNeed to Impeachā€ before he declared?

I really doubt it. A lot of people would be extremely unhappy, but a lot of people would just say those are the rules. A lot of people would say itā€™s fair because it shows a majority donā€™t want Bernie and heā€™s not a Democrat anyway and the biggest group of people will hardly know or care.

Disagree. If they permanently lose 5% of their base they are irrelevant as a national party.

1 Like

Itā€™d be the effective destruction of the party because in any brokered convention weā€™re likely to lose to Trump, ushering in one party rule.

Theyā€™ll just go harder after another group. Parties do this all the time. Maybe they forget a little bit about reproductive rights or guns or something.

Although many of them would probably be fine with being the permanent minority party. Idk.

I donā€™t think that tracks either. If they could snap their fingers and expand their base I would think theyā€™d have already done that.