2020 Election Thread 3: Bernie Memes

Cus hes a deep state punk ldo.

newsmax calls biden president elect

congrats to fox getting their viewers back

2 Likes

Who knew the constitution was actually a deep state leftist machine this entire time?

1 Like

If Grassley’s answer was pathetic, then what is Kevin Cramer?

https://twitter.com/igorbobic/status/1338618195884843008

“we’ll see how the emails turnout”

1 Like

FYP

Hawaii just voted. 0 faithless electors on either side.

Did someone just call Hawaii 4-0?

4 Likes

Biden not sounding so great. He’s got something in his throat.

Trying to remember what happens if the president-elect dies after the EC has voted but before congress counts the votes.

20th Amendment: “If, at the time fixed for the beginning of the term of the President, the President elect shall have died, the Vice President elect shall become President.”

Uggh, just read it. That is the worst possible outcome. It goes to Congress. Legit shook.

That’s if he dies after Congress accepts the results on January 6th though. Today through January 6th is going to be a hell of a sweat.

1 Like

Like each state delegation in the House gets a vote and we lose?

It’s not really clear because it’s never happenned so there’s no precedent. Maybe the electoral votes for dead biden count and the republicans try to challenge the slate but since they cant get both houses to go along with it the electors aren’t rejected, dead biden is elected, and then the 20th amendment applies. Or maybe it just goes to the house, each delegation gets 1 vote and we are screwed and Trump is President and Kamala is Vice President, which would be the most 2020 thing fucking ever. Or maybe somehow Nancy Pelosi is Acting President.

1 Like

I basically called the deplorable guy I’ve shared posts from a few times a 6 year old emotionally today. I also separately likened him to a kid who finds out Santa isn’t real but wants to keep the magic alive. If Biden dies and Trump ends up president and he gets to throw this back at me dear lord will I be tilted.

9 Likes

This is a good analogy because it’s basically magical thinking.

Instead of your parents gently explaining to you that rabbits don’t come back to life, these people have charlatans in their ear 24-7 telling them that absolutely everything they want to be true - is true.

1 Like

So for…two weeks?

1 Like

The Constitution does not define the term “president elect”.

The current argument is that Congress is required to count all votes, including those for dead people. I would guess you need the agreement of both the House and the Senate to reject votes for a dead person, which wouldn’t happen in this case. So, if Biden isn’t the president-elect now under the Constitution, he will be on January 6.

I think there are enough Senate Republicans who have enough of a sense of honor to prevent shenanigans there, so it comes down to whether the Supreme Court is willing to cause a constitutional crisis with a partisan ruling. That might be the best possible outcome for those who just want to burn it down.

Biden needs to be in a bubble until the 6th.

If he dies before then, it’s not as clear that they can’t get away with shenanigans.