2020 Election Thread 2: 41 DAYS OF TREASON

I just got off the phone with my Dad after 3 hours - probably the longest, best conversation we’ve had since I was a teenager. I think we both let out the post-Trump exhale at the same time.

15 Likes

Did you tell him you love him?

1 Like

We always say that at the end. But some (maybe most) of our conversations are kind of perfunctory and not really opening up. This one was incredible.

4 Likes

savor that. mine is actively trying to blow up our family.

4 Likes

Is Tucson pronounced Tuck sin?

I am eternally thankful my dad is a bigger lefty than I am. He’s about 5 years too old to be a boomer. That seems to help.

I’ve dragged my mom from Rush Limbaugh junkie to Trump-hater by implicitly threatening to withhold my love.

Nobody became a RWNJ by logic, and logic is ever going to bring them back to normalcy. It’s all emotion.

4 Likes

I once drove through a town called Dehralle and upon stopping at a gas station realized the locals pronounced it Derail.

:sunglasses:

5 Likes

No it’s - too-sahn.

Also against mega-nation states like China.

I mean, that’s real bad, but I still think the worst to my ears is how the people of upstate NY pronounce Charlotte.

shar - LOT

1 Like

The disparities are only inexplicable if we ignore that the AP has a sample size that is 7 times larger.

1 Like

yeah, i would have guessed my dad would be a lefty at least nominally, having experienced immigration from anarchy-born-out-of-oppression, living on food stamps for awhile, social security, seeing free media and elections up close. but no, he apparently started drinking the poison a few years ago. now he actively hates other people, their problems, and liberal ideas of equality. prepares for intruders by doing shooting drills.

3 Likes

The poison is very seductive

2 Likes

I think my dad still voted for Moscow Mitch, but at least got him to vote for Biden.

2 Likes

It’s all about incremental progress.

I didn’t flip my Mom overnight. I rewarded good behavior and punished bad behavior for a decade.

5 Likes

Uh-huh.

1 Like

Lol what would you like to know about my next-door neighbor, San Pedro?

https://twitter.com/KristySwansonXO/status/1326502093662924801?s=20

https://mobile.twitter.com/BrendanKeefe/status/1326659563253338113

4 Likes

Make

80’s

TV

Stars

Relevant

Again.

2 Likes