2020 Election Thread 2: 41 DAYS OF TREASON

Yeah, I never intended to post that, it was a draft that saved. I wasn’t sure the sequence, like, do they do the votes for VP first and then the President of the Senate is Harris? Are those votes for Harris counted in the House? I can’t remember, I guess I should look it up.

He also wants to get rid of mail-in voting in the future, so this lays the groundwork for that.

Tell Pence to invoke 25A? I dunno…

2022 is a massively important election. Dems desperately need a trifecta to do voting rights stuff.

2 Likes

Some interesting theories in this thread. This is how Presidents get elected according to the Constitution.

The Electors shall meet in their respective States, and vote by Ballot for two Persons, of whom one at least shall not be an Inhabitant of the same State with themselves. And they shall make a List of all the Persons voted for, and of the Number of Votes for each; which List they shall sign and certify, and transmit sealed to the Seat of the Government of the United States, directed to the President of the Senate. The President of the Senate shall, in the Presence of the Senate and House of Representatives, open all the Certificates, and the Votes shall then be counted. The Person having the greatest Number of Votes shall be the President, if such Number be a Majority of the whole Number of Electors appointed; and if there be more than one who have such Majority, and have an equal Number of Votes, then the House of Representatives shall immediately chuse by Ballot one of them for President; and if no Person have a Majority, then from the five highest on the List the said House shall in like Manner chuse the President. But in chusing the President, the Votes shall be taken by States, the Representation from each State having one Vote; A quorum for this Purpose shall consist of a Member or Members from two thirds of the States, and a Majority of all the States shall be necessary to a Choice. In every Case, after the Choice of the President, the Person having the greatest Number of Votes of the Electors shall be the Vice President. But if there should remain two or more who have equal Votes, the Senate shall chuse from them by Ballot the Vice President.

Once a majority of Electors have voted for Biden, it’s not up to the Senate whether he becomes President

And this, right here, is why I’m sleeping ok tonight.

5 Likes

I mean I guess. But being willing to die for 72 virgins is on a different level of crazy. They were radicalized for years to kill Americans. Again, im not saying nothing will happen. But its not gonna be stuff to overturn entire governments in different states.

And then?..

Like what happens next. Game it out for me. Ok, so there’s no president and the constitution says Pelosi is president. But ok, lets say we somehow ignore that as well. How does Trump stay in power, exactly?

Seriously?

I’m going to stop now and honestly hope you can all have a good laugh at me in January.

1 Like

Got it, so the Senate certifying is just a formality.

Now that I have seen that video of Gore being forced to certify GWB, what most likely happens is that Rs turn that into a shitshow at best and make the Supreme Court certify over their objections at worst.

I’m legit curious how you game out Trump staying in power past the point of us somehow ignoring the election results. LIke, ok, the Supreme Court has now just invalidated the election in 4 states. Now what happens? Trump just gets installed?

Norms don’t mean shit, is my basic premise. But I hope you’re right.

1 Like

Apparently Pence has to participate somewhere in there - even if it’s to transfer VP. It won’t be shocking at all if he just refuses. Hopefully the whole process is just ceremonial.

The scenario where the Senate just refuses to certify isn’t realistic. Ok, they refuse to certify. You think Biden is just like “aww shucks, i guess I’m not the president?” Now you have two presidents giving orders. Neither one is actually president according to the text of the constitution and actually Nancy Pelosi is. Now she gives orders as well supporting BIden. You really think anyone is letting it get to that? That the ERepublicans are that fucking crazy to try to find out what happens in that situation?

2 Likes

or what?

2 Likes

I dont’ disagree with you, I really don’t. THe last four years has proven you right on this point. But I still just can’t construct the sequence of events that leads to Trump being in power on January 21st and leaves the US intact as a country.

giphy (1) (11)

15 Likes

I think all the Republicans may refuse to cooperate in any way at all. Does that mean it goes to a court who can say someone else can open the envelope? Will a court open the envelope? I think even SCOTUS would not side with the coup, but :shrug:.

1 Like

Well you can certainly convince me that this leads to total chaos and meltdown. I’m not arguing against that as an outcome.

It took a lot of restraint not to report this post

2 Likes

2022 house will be hard to hold, senate is possible to get to 50 but tough, requires 2 flips and 2 holds.

do not look at 2024 senate map, dems will be lucky to only lose 3.

1 Like

Pence: I’m not Counting the votes.
Trump: I’m still President and now I give some orders to the military. Go arrest Biden.
Biden: I’m President, remove Trump from the White House.
Pelosi: I’m President, follow Biden’s Orders.

Joint Chiefs of Staff: ??

Edit: My point is that Pence (and MItch), don’t do that, becuase they know they’re turbo-fucked in this scenario as well.

1 Like