2020 Election Thread 2: 41 DAYS OF TREASON

I’ve been consulting with Klobsy.

source

Text GRITTY to 00306

FAAFO,
Gritty

3 Likes

It’s not your fault. 99 percent of everything associated with the Flyers is an abomination so there was no way for you to know.

Word on the street is the horse will be out of the hospital in 2.5 months

2 Likes

One day (and forgive me, I forget the context) I was wondering what penguin eggs taste like. After a minute it occurred to me “I bet Gritty knows”.

4 Likes

Bring me the frog. I will send him to hell (Ohio).

tenor (3)

3 Likes

Ish. Someone has to fuck up pretty bad for it to happen. Still yes the theoretical threat is why it annoys me so much. It’s like a bunch of other highly unlikely things that we aren’t at all prepared for, which I’m more sensitive to than I used to be thanks to the pandemic, '08, and 9/11.

I did a presentation about terrorism in my sophomore year of high school in early 2001. I said that we had pissed a lot of people off and eventually one of them would want it bad enough to get to us. I obviously had no idea what was going to happen and was thinking another attack like Oklahoma City but by the people of some place we had fucked over somehow, but the fear of big unlikely events followed me from 9/11 to the '08 crash. Once again it was kind of obvious in advance when you had worked at a car dealership that did a lot of subprime and your first job was a call center trying to convince people to talk to a loan officer about a home equity loan… but I told myself there were adults in the room and it all made sense.

This shit just keeps happening and every time after a couple of years I tell myself that everything is fine and someone is taking care of it to keep my anxiety at bay. I don’t think I’m going to do that again. Time to put away childish thoughts about there being a meritocracy that produces overall acceptable results and get to work.

I’m not making any representations about my foresight. I’ve been wrong way more than I’ve been right, and when I’ve been right it hasn’t always been for the right reasons. Still, the one big takeaway I have from all of it is that there are no grown ups and very few people have any idea what they are doing… and now when I see something that looks wrong I speak up immediately about it and don’t let go until my issues are addressed.

3 Likes

You’re on my list Jbro.

FAAFO,
Gritty

3 Likes

Now that I think about it, at least Bobby Clark didn’t take out full page adds in support of Trump.

1 Like

Penguin eggs are the finest delicacy in the Commonwealth. Gritty likes to sneak out to Pittsburgh and steal them in the dead of night, then eat them like popcorn.

giphy (6)

But Allegheny doesn’t fuck with fascists, so I promised not to eat Penguin eggs for one year.

FAAFO,
Gritty

5 Likes

That’s a great logo and gif

1 Like

https://twitter.com/mulaney/status/1325116512055799811

2 Likes

Gritty gimmick was A+ but now down to B bc of over usage

24 Likes

I don’t have an NHL team since the Thrashers left ATL so I’m going to adopt the Flyers as well.

Only team with an Antifa mascot and they delivered the knockout blow to Trump!

5 Likes

What does Moscow Mitch have to say after losing an election?

“This whole Russher thing is a hoax!”

1 Like

https://mobile.twitter.com/ImIncorrigible/status/1325885441527132161

11 Likes

Hopefully not ponied because this clip is A+++++++

https://twitter.com/bubbaprog/status/1325812962259570690?s=20

3 Likes

I’m a Rangers fan (ldo) and even I like Gritty even though I am legally bound to dislike the Flyers. But Gritty transcends even the fiercest sports rivalry. Gritty is more than the Flyers, Gritty is the essence of hockey (and therefore life) itself. Gritty is the race in your pulse when the puck is loose in front of the net, the flash of the goal light when the home team scores in the third, the sound a skate makes on fresh ice. Gritty is joy, Gritty is Freedom.

12 Likes

I fixed your post. The Rangers suck but @mosdef is welcome in Philly anytime. If anyone gives you shit, just tell 'em Gritty said you’re cool.

FAAFO,
Gritty

5 Likes

I assure you that Rangers fans don’t dispute this.

4 Likes

https://twitter.com/christoq/status/1325854746234646528

4 Likes