2020 Election Thread 2: 41 DAYS OF TREASON

Don’t recall where I saw it on twitter but apparently the fine print for trump Voting legal challenges says that 60% of the money goes to campaign debt retirement.

1 Like

Could be a depressing 2-4 years

Yes, basically. He was resurrected in the tomb, people and angels came and rolled away the stone that covered the opening (different people, depending on which gospel account you read) and over the next 40 days he photo-bombed a few events so people knew he was back, then he ascended on clouds and at some point was ‘transferred’ (vaporized also works) to heaven in his original spirit form.

Don’t forget during the 3 days he apparently visited the native Americans.

6 Likes

Dec 14th

Like I’m not totally unfamiliar with Jeebus, but I just realized the story seems kinds weak on that 40 days there. Seems like he would have done some important stuff during that part. Like, resurrection was just a trick? Whole story sounds fishy.

1 Like

Yes, that’s from Mormon lore.

There’s also a village in Japan that swears he retired there as a physical person.

2 Likes

So national republicans are fucking insane sycophants, but I don’t know that state and local level republicans are going along with the whole “voter fraud lets replace the electors” gambit. These local republicans are themselves involved in the running of these elections. At least in PA we already have a joint op-ed from the GOP leaders of both houses of the legislature there writing in no uncertain terms would they appoint an alternate slate of electors and also writing that it would not be legal for them to do so.

5 Likes

Well, the death was really important because it is what atones for all mankind’s sin. But since Jesus is part of the triune godhead, he cannot die, so his physical body died while his spirit didn’t (which raises all kinds of questions about the efficacy of a sacrifice). The resurrection before ascending to heaven was to let his followers know that he would be returning very soon (before some of you taste death).

Link? Important if it was written before or after the election.

Yeah I don’t get how the running out the clock metaphor is supposed to work. At 0:00, the EC votes.

It’s more like he has to score somehow some way that isn’t within the rules before time runs out. Like declaring himself dictator.

It was written after the election. Let me find it.

1 Like

4 Likes

This is what worries me about how poorly we did in state houses. And was there even one governors race? I can’t recall one.

I usually just skip ahead to the “it’s a mystery” part of the explanation.

1 Like

I’m having trouble finding it, but it was a joint editorial published like Thursday, I posted it in one of these threads.

The good news about all those protests this summer - Republicans know if they somehow tried to ratfuck the whole election with legislatures acting out of turn and SCOTUS backing it up - the protests from that would make Floyd look like one mom holding a sign.

They know this. That kind of power matters. And they don’t have the military or national guard on their side enough to pull that off.

I think they’re all just grifting/professing their support of Trump to his followers with this talk of state legislatures ratfucking.

2 Likes

India too.

1 Like

Only 11 states had gubernatorial elections this year. There was one flip (Montana from D to R).

When I was working in San Diego but living in Minnesota they put me up in a nice complex for a year. I hung out some at the pool with a guy that was writing a book about how all religions can be traced to earlier religions and superstitions to try and get people to make the switch more readily and/or the belief system just evolved. I couldn’t follow everything and maybe he was a bit of a kook (I don’t remember his name-no clue if he ever finished his book).

What’s the difference between a cult and a religion. two thousand years

4 Likes