Your Vote Counts! You Can't Complain if You Don't Vote!

1 Like

You have trapped yourself within a false dichotomy. Only you can free yourself.

It’s nice to know that my high school German is good enough for the Google translation. Also, please charge your phone.

3 Likes

Lol dude if nobody shows up, they’re going to take their like 10% to 0% victory, shove it up our asses, and keep on doing what they’re doing. Any other solution you might daydream about is not realistically possible in this country. Things have to get much much worse for > 50% of the population to strike or something.

I know we have a handful of you who are actively rooting for that, but it’s a pretty terrible way to go as opposed to getting more AOCs and Ilhans and Tlaibs and Pressleys and Khannas and so on…

Nobody is rooting for things to get worse. Bro, come one. We can disagree about things and chat about them, but can we at least agree that we both care about our fellow humans and do not want things to be worse for them?

Id say massive general strikes or ten million person marches would have more of a chance than a violent overthrow of the most powerful military power to ever exist.

1 Like

Some of you are on the wrong level. Easy up.

1 Like

Or quite obviously using humor to try to make a point. Sheeze, you folks need to take it easier.

The 2nd post was where I claimed I was going to facilitate. Good facilitation means not making points, or at least making it clear when you are and are not. Making points by humor prima facia isn’t making that clear.

My bad, I’ll try to do better.

There are numerous posters here who think the way it gets better is burning it all down. They think we can’t get from A to B without enough people being uncomfortable enough to basically overthrow the system. I think they underestimate almost every aspect of what would have to happen and the degree of uncertainty in where it would go from there, but I think a few people here push a view point along those lines.

Generally speaking that’s where “Don’t vote” leads.

While I would agree, if you think we’re going to see a massive general strike or 10 million person march in this country without things getting much much much worse, I don’t know what to tell you.

We’re going to be cranking out a 9/11 a day before Biden is sworn in in all likelihood, and most people have no interest in foregoing their trip to the bar/restaurant/whatever.

Was just making the point there are more then two options and a violent overthrow is the least realistic one.

I think it’s more realistic than mass strikes, I don’t think either is realistic. The only realistic one is voting in primaries in huge numbers over a period of several cycles.

If people are going to flag my posts pointing out misinformation, I’m just going to flag the misinformation. I usually don’t flag posts, but if it’s going to be that way, then it’ll be that way.

Seems like people’s are letting themselves get trolled by a D-level effort. Like it’s your first week on the internet or something.

Welp if he’s not gaslighting, then I guess that’s a no. Either @Sabo is trolling or he’s flat out lying/gaslighting.

You seem quite certain and confident, so I’m sure you’ve done a high level of investigation and research. Please walk me through how you came to the conclusion that there is only one realistic way forward. If I find your methods and reasoning convincing, I’m open to agreeing with you.

As you eliminated other methods as being unrealistic, may I ask…

Which historians and professors and experts did you read(or perhaps speak with) who have studied social movements, labor movements, methods of nonviolent direct action, and other forms of civil disobedience?

Which organizers and activists who have been and/or are currently involved in any of the above?

3 Likes

**** Notice: non-facilitation post ****

2011 North Korean Voter Propaganda Poster: In English…
“Your Vote Counts! If You Don’t Vote, You Can’t Complain!”.

Troll

Aren’t you supposed to be a GOTV wizard?

All you need to do is GOTV up four more votes in the election above… and then this thread can be nuked from orbit.

That isn’t even Chinese…