World of Warcraft (classic wotlk)

There was a solid couple of months in phase 6 where BG queues were <10m for all BGs horde side. :slight_smile: I assumed they were always good alliance side. I was even thinking about boosting/leveling an alliance character just for BG queue reasons.

Was this server specific or on all servers? It was never that short on Bigglesworth before I left that I can recall, not for AV anyway. WG was sometimes shorter but I dont like that one as much.

The bg queues are all grouped together by region and timezone. My server is in US-West, so it would be the same for Bigglesworth.

Do pve and pvp servers share a queue?

Yes, also RP and RPPVP all in the same queue.

I think I’m wrong about region and timezone. It is just region. And this is what reminded me of it: Oceanic Realms Intended to Share Battle Group with American Realms - Wowhead News

Horde or Alliance?

I’m pretty sure i have seen that guild around so i assume horde. I’m in death roller derby but am not 60+ so don’t participate much.

They reversed this after a large outcry.

Last night ran a ton of dungeons trying to fill out my preraid gear. Just need chest/legs and I’m set. But I’m having issues.

Luckily it is a lot easier to find a group now for many of the dungeons, with the exception of shattered halls - most people want spell cleave for rep grinding and it sucks because I need to run about 20 of them for the exalted bow. Just don’t really see that happening. There’s a 2% drop off heroic steamvaults but I’m really not trusting my luck rn.

I’m having the worst luck on rolls/loot drops. I passed on the BIS hunter trinket in mechanar (the abacus one) because we were gonna do botanica after and I told the hunter I’d pass on trink if he let me have beast lord cuirass and he said ok. Ofc trinket drops and not chest piece :/ feel like a bit of a fool for doing that, but I’m a man of my word. I wasn’t gonna replace my +22 hit trinket anyway so it would have just sat in my bag for a while til I found the right gear for it. The one time I saw beast lord leggings drop, a fucking shaman won the roll. Last night was running my guild leader through his attunements and the sonic spear dropped off murmur - i’m currently using terrok’s quill with savagery enchant (which was expensive af) so I told him beforehand if it dropped I’d pass on it. Of course it drops for him. Maybe I’m too nice, I doubt he would’ve done the same for me.

But yea I see hunters in full beastlord and the exalted thrallmar bow and I’m like how in the holy fuck?

T3 is preraid bis for most classes I think.

My guild is… meh I think. People just going so slow. The guild leader thought kara was 25 man and has been prepping for that, when I’ve been frantically trying to move things along so more 70’s don’t take off and leave (we lost what was supposed to be our MT, but, he never ever helped anyone with anything and never participated in discord or gchat) and wanna get in this weekend but people are just plodding along. Probably try to get in a pug or something at this rate.

Lol find a new guild. I found a pretty active discord that I’m gonna hit up when I get back.

we’re slaughtering kara on our first night and i got this bad boy, won a 50/50 roll for it with my guild leader:

1 Like

Noob question that i haven’t found a good online calc for:

How do you know whether a drop that had let’s say +30 attack power is better than a similar dps weapon with stats? Is there some resource online to do this for me?

Jfc what add ons do you run

Man what a great game. Joined some guild today which is what I want, casual, 1-2 day late night raids, we’ll see. Then did an instance (slabs) for the first time lol. Random pug of course but had a very solid tank and dps that weren’t dumbasses and yeah did it twice and had a great time and got a few items/rep/quests and shit to sell and disenchant. Healed fine solo as spriest too. :+1:

On that screenshot it is just some threat meter (I don’t remember the name) and details! which gives any kind of info from a fight you can imagine. Then I have some UI addon which makes all the bars look a little easier on the eyes. I can find out more. I don’t really have that many, I’m pretty minimalistic.

Got 5/11 bosses down tonight on our first kara raid! Fucking stoked. Had to pug a MT and a resto druid, but we scrambled it together. The best moment was on moroes, when we had 2 rogues, 2 hunters, a warlock and a fury warr as dps so basically zero cc on that fight and me and the other hunter juggled our traps the entire time to keep the adds down as the rogues blinded them for us. Such awesome coordination. This was the correct choice of guild.

Oh and I got that gun so all in all a good night. I boosted a 58 druid and have taken him to 63 in the meantime, gonna make him a healer. Really loving healing so far.

I don’t like automatic stuff other than decurse because I am prone to misclicks. I like making very deliberate actions. It’s a split second slower probably but so far I’ve healed some pretty insane/clusterfucky scenarios in pugs. It’s actually more fun to me when the grp sucks because it’s challenging keeping everyone alive. I’m having a blast. Druid healing is very mentally stimulating too - you have to be aware of your HoT ticks, your GCD, and kind of plan several seconds in advance as to not overheal or let someone die. There’s so many times where you have to choose between healing 2-3 people and since my healing isn’t very bursty it’s a decision that comes with a lot of nuance.

I think I will take my healer to raid, and I am still learning it, but so far in 5 mans I’ve been complimented many times and even have had people hit me up much later for a healer. I got accidentally invited to a mana tombs group at level 62 and managed to somehow heal the thing with zero deaths (albeit a billion mana pots consumed). I think I’m pretty good at it, but in raids it looks very hard in a few fights. I don’t think I’d be able to do it while inebriated like I easily can on my hunter.

Problem with healing in general is that it becomes a game of meter-watching instead of playing. Not sure what the solution is though.

Yea I will try it and see if I like it. Extra clicks don’t really bug me though. I kind of like pressing buttons.

It is true that you have a disproportionate effect on how a fight can go, at least in 5 mans. I can make a really terrible group succeed by being spot on with the heals. Tank? Kind of at the mercy of the healer and dps. DPS can affect a fight a LOT but only if they coordinate, which sucks in pugs.

I dunno with druid healing it feels like I need to watch meters and health bars closely but also pay attention to who is getting hit or has aggro or what spell is being cast by an enemy so I can pre-hot. It seems to me to require a lot of attention to the fight, at least so far in resto druid. I imagine it becomes painfully easy once I get lifebloom though.

I feel paladin healing (which is what I was gonna do) is just spamming one spell on the main tank and spot healing whenever you can. Yawn.

Man if there’s one complaint I have about this game its just how fucking weird and bad and time consuming the whole UI/addon scene is. I just want to play on something that isn’t awful and doesn’t trivialize the game. Deadly bossmods is bad enough but that fucking threatmeter lol. Stare at threat instead of playing is just weird. I know, 15 year old complaints but I don’t get it. Seems crazy to allow API access to so much stuff in your client like wow does.