World Cup 2022: Congrats to Argentina and the GOAT (WATCH THIS GAME, BEST GAME EVER)

Seems to be the trend.

If only they had someone on the bench to come on in the 2H that could create chances. Oh well, nevertheless!

2 Likes

They’re tough, but it could be a lot worse. Probably them or Croatia will be the weakest group winners (assuming Argentina comes back).

1 Like

Gotta hope Pulisic and Sargeant are fit by Saturday. I have my doubts especially wrt Sargeant.

https://gifimage.net/wp-content/uploads/2017/10/hacksaw-jim-duggan-gif-9.gif

1 Like

5 Likes

Pulisic will play even if his balls are in a sling.

The bad news is it’ll be the whole 90 against the dutch

I don’t disagree. Mostly wondering if he will be 100%.

Missed Pulisic during the last 15. He’s the experienced guy to hold the ball, and then go get the 2nd.

1 Like

Pulisic might never be a father, but he’s Iran’s daddy.

8 Likes

not worried. usa captain still has at least one more ball in him

1 Like

He’ll probably be even better now. Like Lance Armstrong.

Man there is no better soccer than a team needing one goal to win, otherwise they lose.

I can’t remember the US ever being in that situation. I guess the announcer said 2010 was like that. That was the Landon Donovan goal right? Algeria?

1 Like

He’s talented but a bit of a lightweight too easily snuffed out by good defences.

2 Likes

https://twitter.com/PeteBlackburn/status/1597677486812594176?t=UatDeYRa2iYN0gSGKTDL_w&s=19

4 Likes

Poor strategy. They went from having seven players on the field who are good on the ball and capable of maintaining possession and creating some chances to four at the end, and we stopped pushing anyone forward on counters. As a result Iran got a lot more chances than they probably would have had we shifted towards a more defensive strategy but still tried to possess and create a bit.

Could have subbed off Weah for Zimmernan, gone to 5 on the back line and kept Dest in and not completely constrained his permission to push forward. Or subbed off Weah for Acosta, played two defensive midfielders and left McKennie on.

Losing Pulisic hurt too in that department, obviously. Also could have gone to Reyna instead of Wright when Sargent came off. You give up some size defending crosses, but when Reyna gets on the ball he can hold it longer, waste more time holding possession, and possibly beat 2-3 guys and create a chance.