World Cup 2022: Congrats to Argentina and the GOAT (WATCH THIS GAME, BEST GAME EVER)

Finally watched the Wales-Iran on DVR. Didn’t realize what a bad beat it was for US. If Wales holds on for just a couple more minutes, it’s a whole different story.

This upcoming match had me thinking about the last USA-Iran WC match. A friend of mine at the time was an Iranian-American. Dude was trash talking us for like a month after that one. IIRC, that Iran team had at least a few players who weren’t even pros.

When Portugal won the Euros they went through in third place by drawing every match.

Then they won in extra time, penalties, beat Wales, then won the finals in extra time.

I think what Goofy is trying to say is that such a victory is fraudulent. Maybe, maybe not. But I’ll take it either way.

And as you mentioned earlier, no one is going to remember the details in the future.

Pretty much.

Also Iran would be easier to beat if they are also trying to win also instead of just trying to hold for a draw.

Iran to advance graph to advance must be crazy. They get clowned on by England, and they’re two min away from a goalless draw with Wales which doesn’t help. Then boom, one nice strike and they’re favorites to advance.

Quite high on Denmark today

Watched the match vs France a few months ago and they outplayed them the whole match. lol nations league and all that though. Also a decent chance we get a USA/England type game where both teams go “hey, if we just draw this game we both go through unless denmark somehow fucks up vs the aussies.”

Denmark double chance with some slight odds boosters like o1 goal, o4.5 corners, o1 france caution and on the Messi props/Argies to win.

Also I posted here Richarlison at 40/1 golden boot was my favorite long shot bet of the tournament.
They’re now the favorite and down to 5/1. Mbappe 7.50, Giroud 10, Messi 11 then the long shots of Gakpo, Saka, Ronaldo etc.

I have Messi as well. Knew I had to fade Mbappe, and that was kind of the strategy the entire time. Just fade the best or second best player in the world, easy game.

What Poland/SA result is worse for Mexico? Just asking for a friend.

AFC 4 wins from 9 games for a 44% win rate

GOAT confederation

Weak penalty

you lost 1812

https://twitter.com/FB_Bentley/status/1596369981301727232

1 Like

The War of 1812 was a 0-0 draw.

2 Likes

Danes not looking so great.

Battle of New Orleans was a goal in extended stoppage time.

2 Likes

Physicality of France has been impressive.

You know you’re getting old when the kids of the players you used to watch are now playing. Lillian Thuram was good at soccerball.

1 Like

Intrigued by Lindstrom. Think he has to bulk up a bit. Was good in flashes today but also easily bullied off the ball at times.

Damn, Mbappe.

France has the deserving lead, but if Braithwaite or Lindstrom finish their half chances I make piles.

Onto needing an Argentina win

Yeah, Danes had some quality chances in the second half after an uninspiring first.