World Cup 2022: Congrats to Argentina and the GOAT (WATCH THIS GAME, BEST GAME EVER)

Fuck Nike, these jerseys for both sides are an abomination. England had some iconic jerseys with Umbro, but those days are long gone.

1 Like

Very nice attack there

If #1 also included England not making it out of the group, I could be persuaded. Otherwise the ā€œItā€™s Coming Homeā€ clowns will just spin it into a good thing.

Fuck, there is going to be a lot more of that, isnā€™t there.

rofl Maguire stumbling like a fucking baby deer and people just assuming (correctly) he can only pass

Ok England passing just way way better

usa has too many man buns

2 Likes

There isnā€™t a single American who would make the English 40 man shortlist squad.

This England team is very stacked. The faults they have are sticking with Maguire in defense and playing conservatively.

2 Likes

Fucking love Adams

Absolute best case for us seems like a Belgium-like win. England dominates, but we bink one and hold off 1-0.

1 Like

A few months ago Hungary beat England twice by going at them.

USA are better than Hungary.

You just need ambition and courage.

This is absolutely true.

1 Like

US known for managing 60 mins, not the full 90 - likely wonā€™t have the energy for a last minute goal and wonā€™t hold off the England goals for 60 mins (hope this ages well)

I think the discussion I recall was in the context of the Olympics. But glad youā€™re rooting for USMNT. Theyā€™re like the Browns of soccer, so it should be easy.

Iā€™m on the fence still. These things take a few seasons to fully exert their side-effects on the game.

Away goals was brought in because of the extreme negativity of first leg away teams in parking the bus (long before that expression was ever used).

Maybe in the modern game that will be harder for them to do well, but like I said Iā€™m on the fence (though itā€™s worth trying).

going long on gkā€™s is pretty funny England

And a gigantic luckbox. Like the one KSA used against the Argies.

Hungary wasnā€™t lucky though.

England got relegated from the nationā€™s league, they were dreadful.

Chicagoā€™s Navy Pier

3 Likes

In a competition that was mainly an annoying distraction from the PL for most players, much as the EL is.