World Cup 2022: Congrats to Argentina and the GOAT (WATCH THIS GAME, BEST GAME EVER)

Major grunch.

In fairness (and I hate soccer) this exists there too.

Just have to watch a defender through their face in front of the ball to defend a kick to see this. And it happens pretty frequently.

If anything that underlines how annoying the diving is and how itā€™s just been playing to the referees but yes I wouldnā€™t label the diving due to a lack of actual player toughness

1 Like

Thread title change: let me guess. Couldnt observe the 2 scoreless draws after 1 of the greatest upsets in futbol history

Im guessing yā€™all have never had your foot raked wearing 1mm thick shoes with a spiked shoe. That shit hurts.

3 Likes

From 17-22 I broke my big toe twice, 2x broken ankles, 2x broken foot and 1x broken shin from tackles.

Fun times.

1 Like

Played fullback through high school. I would smash people it was amazing :)

i played almost 150-200 days a year between age 7-13, most of it unorganized. i stopped when the inside of my right ankle started swelling up to the size of a fist after a few strikes. it was probably a non-soccer injury, and i was lucky in that respect. but still had to stop and save the foot for other sports.

meh never picked up a serious knock playing soccer somehow.

In the picture there is an Argentine in a clear offside position. Is he not the reason for the call? He seems pretty close to the play.

1 Like

Messi is fine there. Pass was no where near him and he didnā€™t change the play at all.

1 Like

Most were just growth plate/minor breaks but a guy two footed me ~10 years ago and broke my shin and tore all my ankle ligaments. Not a terrible break but probably needed ~6 months of 2-3x a week rehab to 100% recover and if youā€™re not a pro athlete you just donā€™t get that time.

Now this is a take.

https://twitter.com/fezziksports/status/1595125640918769664?s=46&t=a0iZ2XDZnznxxkO0mW9UIg

I feel like ftx and world cup happening simultaneously is peak RM commentary and im here for all of these nuanced takes.

1 Like

lol yeah and any sport basically. Its not a take its a shit remark. You like golf right? Someone just invented that now and whats your reaction?

1 Like

I didnā€™t even endorse it! Itā€™s obviously awful.

Soccer (and hockey I guess) and basketball are the most obvious sports of all time. Put a ball into a goal, using feet hands or stick. 0 chance it wouldnā€™t be invented yet, and 0 chance it wouldnā€™t be popular.

3 Likes

Take is obviously lol wrong and a case of the olds.

Just look at ultimate. It had basically no popularity 20 years ago! Every high school now has a team. Probably most colleges. Anyone under 35 knows people who have played in a league.

ā€¦

Boxing. Punch the other guy until he falls down. Nothing more obvious than that.

1 Like

I do not agree at all. And Iā€™m not even that big of a baseball fan.