World Cup 2022: Congrats to Argentina and the GOAT (WATCH THIS GAME, BEST GAME EVER)

Huge drop off from one of the best strikers in the world to some random CM from Japan

Kane and Ronaldo are two of the ~3 guys in all of football to just crush it with power at 80%+.

Vardy does as well.

I genuinely think thatā€™s it?

Almost everyone else doesnā€™t go with power or has a varied approach.

Maybe Mahrez?

It should also be noted saving pens is a skill for gk too.

DDG is one if the best shot stoppers of the last 20 years. They are awful at pens.

EMI Martinez from Argentina is maybe the best. Oblak used to have the best pen saving stats but I think itā€™s close now.

holy shit I just came up with yet another innovation to make soccer better. Do the penalty shootout at the end of regulation and then play extra time after that. If itā€™s not a tie at the end of the extra time the shootout will be moot.

Maxed Brazil -200 on the live line. Looks like they could overwhelm Croatia down Viniā€™s side.

Or before the opening kickoff. Then we get one every time.

How piping hot is this take: Vinicius Jr is the best player on the Brazil squad.

Think itā€™s pretty common knowledge tbh. Although Neymar has been inform this season at PSG. Farmers league tho

OK, well good to know Iā€™m not crazy. Iā€™ve only seen him in the WC and the CL final.

I donā€™t really hear nearly as much about him as I do about Neymar.

Been debated a long time ago, as was doing the penalty shoot outs before KO.

Both run into the problem that one team knows they only need a draw.

2 Likes

Considered the 3rd most valuable player on earth fwiw

Take those at the upper extremes with a pinch of salt. Itā€™s just someoneā€™s WAG after all and arenā€™t benchmarked against anything real.

1 Like

But the other team knows they canā€™t have one. Theyā€™ve got to go for it. Wouldnā€™t that make for a more entertaining game in general?

Only if your hobby is watching buses being parked.

Tons of teams do that anyway as their default strategy.

If you do it pre game, it seems really tough to park it for 120 min.

1 Like

Weaker teams do it a lot. Itā€™s not great for the neutrals to watch.

Basically it would give the shoot out winners a 0.5 goal start. Seems bad. Not a huge fan of the status quo either though.

Looks like Croatiaā€™s best chance is Perisic down the left. Militao looks a little lost playing RB.

1 Like

Brazil looks like by far the more dominant so far.

Naturally, the score is 0-0.

Even better!

Croatia has done a bit better than expected, but they have to score and hold for 50 more minutes to even get to ET. Then you have another 30. And thats with your depth being bad and Martinelli, Antony, Bruno G etc coming on