World Cup 2022: Congrats to Argentina and the GOAT (WATCH THIS GAME, BEST GAME EVER)

Would USA be favored over AUS? Don’t look like they would deserve to be.

Yeah, that would have been vintage Maradona-quality

OK two hands on the face guy I’m not rooting for Argentina any more. Go Soccer Roos!

Anyone wanna walk me through how a country with a red, white, and blue flag ended up always dressing their sportsball teams in green and yellow?

Inspired by the ancestors from Norwich, I believe.

1 Like

I think they’re the old penal colony uniform colors

1 Like

Maybe it’s yellow for the bright Aussie sun and green for the luscious Aussie gra…oh.

no but seriously it’s after their deadly wildlife

great save

South Africa has the same colors.

Yeah wtf at this even being close.

Long associated with Australian sporting achievements, the national colours have strong environmental connections. Gold conjures images of Australia’s beaches, mineral wealth, grain harvests and the fleece of Australian wool. Green evokes the forests, eucalyptus trees and pastures of the Australian landscape.

1 Like

So close!!!

Our beautiful iron ore!

1 Like

Really good game.

Not sure whether it’s worse to lose like AUS who had a real chance or just get embarrassed like the US. Heartbreak vs humiliation. Tough call.

Wild that was close.

Had Arg to qualify
Arg to win
Arg to win at ht/ft
Arg to win/Messi to score
Arg to win Alvarez and Messi to score
Arg to nil :frowning:
Arg to nil/Messi to score

Heartbreak > Humiliation imho

1 Like

Heartbreak every time. It was a good game and those players will have learned a lot.

1 Like

Thanks. That seems a bit odd that the association between those things and sports stuck.

Any talk of changing the flag? I’ve heard of the New Zealanders considering it for theirs.