World Cup 2022: Congrats to Argentina and the GOAT (WATCH THIS GAME, BEST GAME EVER)

Watching this for another hour seems like depressing a waste of time. Unfortunately, I’m in.

2 Likes

I’m thrilled Berhalter brought Ferreira over Pepi, now that we’ve gotten a true chance to see JF in action.

England couldn’t break down this solid shower of shite though.

I still don’t quite see it with FDJ. From 2018-2020 there was a “they will be the best mf in Europe soon” buzz and I just dont see it. He is fine, but especially with the emergence of gavi and Pedri probably need a move to a different team that plays good football and will let him do his thing.

Problem is he’s on 400k a week and the teams he would fit are like, Arsenal, Newcastle (puke), City.

Imagine coming back with only half a testicle left to see the back end of your lineup give up 2 goals like that.

I mean the US had 7 guys back for the first one. Just horrible defending.

If Ferreira comes out on the pitch for the second half I’m losing my mind. Move Weah to the 9 and put Reyna on the wing, or just put Reyna at the 9, or literally fucking anything.

1 Like

I still don’t think England really tried to win that match.

Just like with the third games for france/England, hard to evaluate teams that aren’t trying their best.

Aaronson is crushing with Leeds, but we definitely wouldn’t want to use him. Reyna could be in there too. Also, Pefok was an obvious choice to bring.

Just saw a longer replay on the Canadian HT show, Adams just doesn’t track the run. Quite poor.

1 Like

The first one was down to Adams. He just didn’t track back

Lot of players in the Dutch team are bad over an entire season especially an EPL season but more than good enough to win knockout games against anyone but the absolute top like Brazil.

Puli had a clear chance to make it 1-0 and missed a gift.

The Dutch could beat anyone with their CBs if they park the bus.

Fair enough. I’m just mostly venting for the same reasons I assume you are pissed. Berhalter sucks and that was about the worst possible 1h.

Do footballers not wear cups? I’ve quit even playing in my old man rec league, but when I did, I wore one and it would have been more or less impregnable to a direct kick in the balls.

Getting outplayed and running bad on variance. Not a good combination. Guys are just exhausted from the start. Great tournament even if we get bounced today. Gotta get a great bench for 2026.

1 Like

Bring Aaronson & Reyna on and just fly at them for 15 mins. Hope they don’t do what they basically did twice in the 1st half. Really unfortunate timing that second.

2 Likes

USA player of the tournament so far has probably been a defensive minded midfielder, which says it all.

1 Like

Why bring a striker playing on a top table side in a top 4 league when you can bring multiple MLS forwards?