Winter 2021 LC Thread—I Want Sous Vide

the Costco dealio comes with a grate

1 Like

What do people use for vacuum sealers? I have an Oliso sealer now, which is absolute garbage. I went through a few FoodSavers in the past, which also sucked. It looked for a while like chamber vacs were going to have an immersion-circulator-like decline in price, but it hasn’t happened. Every two years I fantasize about buying one anyways, but I’ve never taken the plunge.

Amazon has this for $380, which is a little tempting:

Wevac Chamber Vacuum Sealer, CV12, ideal for liquid or juicy food including Fresh Meats, Soups, Sauces and Marinades. Compact design, Heavy duty, Professional sealing width, Commercial machine https://www.amazon.com/dp/B08VN1X6LQ/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_glt_fabc_8Q3C1RQJC9RBA0WVMPQV

You guys, we have a cooking thread down the hall.

2 Likes

I don’t know they do a bunch of shit I doubt tech Bros would do. They recently defunded the police and used the money for housing for the homeless.

Although Im not sure how that turned out. I heard about it awhile ago

From the little I’ve heard it sounds pretty dope

I have had a foodsaver for years and it has always worked flawlessly. Maybe I bought a good model? I have a V3250, which looks like it was discontinued, likely years ago.

Well yeah, it’s the entire movie.

Yeah but it’s also 110 with high humidity in the summer, so it evens out.

There was a proposed bill, Prop A, that got voted on last week to basically refund the police, making it 2 officers per 1,000 residents. It got resoundingly defeated by a 2-1 margin. So good work Austin.

Apparently Mayor Pete cited the Robert Moses “build bridges so low buses can’t get to the beach from black neighborhoods” thing today and the derposphere didn’t know it was a real thing.

I just wrote a “sorry for the confusion” email. IE - “fuck off, you absolute moron” - in corporate speak.

1 Like

I mean that alone makes it one of the best cities in the country.

Austin sounds based and zizak and other Austin haters sus

1 Like

Pls post more detail, I love these!

Is that what it means? I’ve wrote that a few times and that is not my intention lol

Mostly to the Chinese company who owns this company though so they wouldn’t have that take.

“Sorry for the confusion” is fine imo. “Sorry for any confusion” = you’re a dumbass.

1 Like

I started my career writing “you’re an idiot” emails in very direct fashion. Then when managers tried to tell me to stop doing that and use corporate speak I didn’t get the message. So much cringe thinking about some of those interactions.

What I know about Austin is that sometime in the last 60 years it went from being a peripheral outpost of the Jim Crow south to a milquetoast exurban shitscape. Ostensibly somewhere in there was a period where it was a cool, inclusive college town. That well may be the case, but if so I can confirm those days were over by September of 1999. I guess in the scheme of things that is no great crime, and it is bad manners to badmouth the home of many good people, but it drove me crazy that everyone constantly talked about how wonderfully “weird” it was there. Austin is the least weird place I have been.

1 Like

So Rittenhouse is definitely being found not guilty from what I’ve seen on Reddit.

One of the protesters says he drew his gun on Kyle first.

1 Like

Dude will be in the House by 2026.

Not old enough!

so idiots can run around holding ARs and that’s cool but someone drawing a handgun from a holster is suddenly a shoot on the spot person, cool cool