Winter 2021 LC Thread—I Want Sous Vide

You guys are really missing out not picking up scam calls. They are so much fun.

Yea I’ve answered a couple out of boredom. It’s amazing how many extended warranties I have that are about to expire considering I haven’t owned a car for almost 10 years.

They can tell pretty quickly when you aren’t serious, sadly. I had one go like this:

[I press 1 or whatever to get to the human operator]

“Hello sir, thank you, can you please confirm your car’s make and model?”

“Uh, you called me. Why don’t you confirm my car’s make and model? You said my warranty was about to expire.”

“Sorry sir, for security purposes to make sure we are speaking to the correct individual we need you to confirm your car’s make and model.”

“Porsche 911”

“Thank you sir, we must have the wrong number, have a good day”

5 Likes

Haven’t seen a PHX trip post in a couple of days.

If you finally snapped and murdered all your Pan-cheating buddies and are now on the run headed for the Mexican border, that’s an update we all want to read about!

3 Likes

So weird that they don’t name the university in the tweet.

Uh, trip coming to an end shortly. Ended up -$500.

Had one winning session, $82.

Worst trip in 13 years. We’re likely going to change things up next year. Might have to trim the invite list.

Played golf at lookout mountain. Nice course.

Had dinner at the Persian room. Always fantastic.

2 Likes

obviously it wouldn’t work for everyone, but it is definitely legit. i was lucky enough to snag a job out of college on a remote project, which meant they pay for your travel and per diem. that was subsidizing me with easily $200-300 a week on food, and i could eat better than a food court as well . i pulled some other shenanigans, paid off highest interest student loans, and consolidated the rest. in about two years i went from negative $70k net worth to about even.

1 Like

I’m sure this makes me a terrible person but as a bog standard boring straight white male I get a wry amusement from the radical feminist/ lesbian Vs Trans community battles that seem to be ongoing eternally. Someone’s being a bigot here and for once it definitively ain’t me.

This article is based on a 'survey' of 80 people, conducted by an explicitly anti-trans organisation using that organisation's social media network. Shameful and disreputable misuse of data by the BBC here.https://t.co/cLHY2iwpVC

— Ash Sarkar (@AyoCaesar) October 26, 2021

An excellent piece by the BBC about lesbians getting called transphobic if they don’t want sex with males who identify as women. Same-sex attraction is real and deserves to be respected. Anything less is homophobia. https://t.co/92fYMxetTH

— FairPlayForWomen (@fairplaywomen) October 26, 2021

Novara Media got banned from YouTube today

It’s just so amazing how every “group” has sub groups that shoot at each other. We have friends from Cuba, Haiti, Dominican, and ethinically Spanish from that region and there are clear biases.

When it comes to attraction, that’s pretty hardwired in. Pretty hard to convince your parts to get interested in something they do not want.

*clearly putting them in the same group may be offensive to one or the other or both.

No reasonable person requires physical attraction as a prerequisite for acceptance.

Oh good.

https://twitter.com/ajplus/status/1453021349694279690?s=21

Guy is gonna be a hero among white supremacists if he beats the case.

i’ve come to the conclusion that conservatives in actuality love getting canceled because of the attention.

2 Likes

Onion

Edit: Not onion

Schroeder agreed with the defense that while Rittenhouse may not have seen the victims specifically commit such crimes, others may testify that they did, and that would allow the defense to generally refer to the victims as various kinds of lawbreakers.

Weren’t the people he shot there trying to protect whatever property they were at, or am I misremembering that?

Jeeez, that’s bad.

1 Like

What the fuck

Gonna change a lot of legal precedents if you can’t call someone a victim if they’ve broken any laws in the past.

1 Like

https://twitter.com/Aella_Girl/status/1453040463775141892

3 Likes