Winter 2021 LC Thread—I Want Sous Vide

If we don’t have a “where should I live?” thread we should probably start one. I think I’ve bitched before about where I currently live and both the gf and I want to move, but we can’t figure out where. Every time I go through my list of “wants” and “do not wants” I end up with San Diego :grin: but she’s not really sold

4 Likes

Sounds to me like you described living in New England and/or the Hudson Valley in NY.

1 Like

Fairly certain that thread does not exist.

Yeah, much of the space between Olympia WA, and Yamhill and Clackamas counties in OR would fit your bill. I mean, fires can happen almost anywhere, but they’re pretty low risk compared with, like, mountainous regions in CA.

Agree. The biggest issue in the area you mentioned is homelessness. And the occasional white supremacist parade.

Tough one. There are a lot of hidden trade-offs to living outside of one’s country that don’t become realized until you’ve been there too long.

Canada seems pretty cool.

Then definitely don’t read this.

Does it have an autonomous government insulating it from Trump 2.0?

This combination isn’t a thing. Like, anywhere. Seriously if you find it let me know though.

There are a bunch of hippie communes that have that combination.

Still gotta deal with anti-vax types though but from the left

for me personally

Eastern Canada ~ Vermont > Portugal > CR

7 Likes

No deal.

1 Like

Two possible takeaways: 1) time your earthquakes to know how strong they are 2) invest in gold.

Man putting florida somewhere unusual really shows how much it looks like a big flaccid dick. It’s like we don’t realize it because we’re so used to it.

the problem with this is you replaced most of florida, but you kept the panhandle, which is the worst part.

3 Likes

Parts of the Hudson Valley can get pretty Trumpy, but otherwise 00cooler00 is right. You can find 1+ acres with few nearby conservatives in most of New England and some of eastern upstate NY, and it’s somewhat affordable in many of the non-coastal areas.

Not as great of a deal as you think…

Fuck that, not having that shithole in Europe.

It would only take a few years for the New Floridians to turn it into another shithole anyway.

2 Likes

Some more research published in the journal You Don’t Say?