Winter 2021 LC Thread—I Want Sous Vide

Let them fight.jpg

So celebrating my parents 50th anniversary today. Yes…today. It is cool to see the milestone. Don’t know how much longer Dad has with his Parkinson’s…but today is to celebrate

32 Likes

That is tough, but it’s also ok to be happy for the milestone. I was just with my parents celebrating their 45th. They’re thankfully still in good health, but it could change in the blink of an eye. My grandmother dealt with Parkinson’s, albeit pretty late in life. I understand feeling a little weird about wanting to feel happy in the eye of a hurricane, though. It’s pretty easy to feel guilty about either feeling happy or not. I’m feeling somewhat emotional myself now, and I’m not sure of the words to conclude this. I guess don’t be ashamed about having strong emotions even if you don’t think they’re the ones you should be having, and don’t be ashamed of showing them to your loved ones.

4 Likes

Going to an American food festival today.

The fact that it’s on 9/11 is coincidental I’m told. Here’s hoping that the performative nationalism that will pervade social media today will not be at the festival.

Quite a lot of Mexican food there apparently too.

I’m quite curious to see what qualifies as American food in Czechia

This judge gets a lot of doozies.

1 Like

Ribs, steak, pulled pork etc

Had a philly cheesesteak that wasn’t so bad.

Place was packed and there were way too many music shows and way too few masks (n that I was literally the only person wearing one (when not eating or drinking that is).

Had a “Latino Goods Stand” there. I actually knew of the people through a Colombian friend who told me about them. Apparently, they come to Prague once a month from Germany. They’re pricey but you can’t find a bottle of Colombiana anywhere else.

Judges were looking for “Chinese food”.

What really felt American was a pulled pork and bacon grilled cheese sandwich.

The whole thing reminded me of this

Because real American cuisine is taking multiple unhealthy foods and combining them into a delicious monstrosity that makes your heart cry out in pain.

2 Likes

Huh, I had a bacon grilled cheese sandwich at a Bacon Festival not long ago, so that tracks.

8 Likes

Much less swearing at a Midwest bacon festival.

Best Twitter thread of the day.

https://twitter.com/ParkerMolloy/status/1436657372991213568?s=19

The thing I remember most about 9/11 was flipping through the news channels and seeing John McCain get his mug on every major network. One of my favorite political jokes is that the most dangerous place on Washington DC was between John McCain and a live TV camera and 9/11. Maybe that wasn’t a joke.

1 Like

Gonna be tough to beat Florida Man and that fight he’s working.

7 Likes

Really? You realize that thousands of Americans live in Prague, right? Or are you just wondering what non-Americans see as being American food?

Has to be fake???!

It’s real. It’s from like 2002 iirc