Winter 2021 LC Thread—I Want Sous Vide

someone will make it work eventually… poor L Ron

1 Like

My wife and I both have moderate health issues in our 30s. You’re perhaps not understanding how many people are getting destroyed every day but the current system.

And there fucking isn’t. The current system has too much money and power for any meaningful reform while it still draws breath. This is like the cops… The last time it was possible to reform was decades ago.

I’m pretty sure right now in America the response to collapse would just be to refuse to treat people without insurance/poor people.

The dems would just issue more ACA subsidies, then GOP is about to take over for a decade, you don’t want to see the response to a collapse.

There doesn’t have to be a way. Why do you think there does?

I mean, there are lots of super obvious ways to improve health care in this country.

The government could manufacture and distribute insulin, for example. It would save billions of dollars, keep tons of people out of bankruptcy and save untold lives.

Just follow the money, always. Always.

Insulin is exhibit A. They just keep reformulating and repackaging “new and improved” versions. While there is functional gain, the cost adder is multiples of the value of the improvement.

Why people can’t continue to utilize the old option is the real crime.

2 Likes

Dubai legit looks like an awful place.

It’s Vegas without gambling and pussy.

1 Like

There’s a fuckton of internalized white supremacy under that garbage. Filthy rich middle easterners building facsimiles of American white suburbs. All to make them feel as good as Americans. Americans!

Looks like a cultureless, charmless, sterile place devoid of anything of interest beyond money.

Yeah, more or less, but it’s fine for a couple days. All that gleaming spectacle and newness is interesting in its own right. I got to eat a very good meal with wine in the curtained off area of a restaurant where alcohol was allowed, in a mall, while looking out enormous windows over an enromous indoor ski slope. In the desert. That was honestly a pretty great experience just sitting there trying to wrap my head around all of it.

There’s an old port/market area too if you want a bit of that sort of thing.

1 Like

Not looking good for this guy. Stole millions, is addicted to oxy, staged a shooting and (probably?) killed his own wife and son.

https://twitter.com/mandymatney/status/1435654887472259077?s=21

Goddammit. I fucked up step 1.

https://twitter.com/DynamicWebPaige/status/1435748433713766403?s=19

14 Likes

So just checking to see what the top local stories are in AZ this morning and…[spit take]

I mean, we’ve known this was coming for months but just LOL at this absurd total blanket of coverage.

Of course, much lower on the page you’ll find the obligatory: “Ivermectin flying off Phoenix feed store shelves for COVID despite controversy

1 Like

Love the what are your thoughts on safety box. I would say I’m a little lax in that area.

1 Like

Just landed in Asheville for a buddy’s bachelor party and I was being nosy and reading the texts of the woman sitting next to me, and she texted several people that she had just landed in Nashville. I’m excited to see how this plays out.

12 Likes

Ha. I think I’ve posted before about how the wifey was on the wrong plane and flew to the wrong city once. When she called and told me I couldn’t do anything but laugh for days at her.

Let us know how this one turns out if you see.

1 Like

I’m assuming it was auto spell-corrected.

1 Like

This seems to actually happen every few years in Sydney Nova Scotia (a thriving metropolis of 30k in rural Nova Scotia).

1 Like

I was at the airport and pretty sure I screwed up and booked a ticket to San Jose Del Cabo in Baja instead of San Jose, Costa Rica. I’d already checked in my bag and had no idea what to do. Turns out the airport gate signage had the wrong destination.

1 Like